M360 vs Ghost 360

I have Mega 360, ML, Ultrex, but when I heard about Ghost 360 built in to the trolling motor, that sounded interesting because maybe I could add MegaLive to the shaft of a Ghost vs Ultrex to have fewer accessories attached like M360. The little info that I have gathered leads me to believe that it is not even close to M360 as far as effectiveness and ease of use. Since it doesn't use mega imaging and you must use the troller rotating to get the image, it doesn't appear to offer any advantages to a ML,M360,and Humminbird Helix user. Agree or am I missing something?

2. Member
    You are not missing anything at all. Lowrance's Ghost 360 is using a side imaging ducer cone in the trolling motor and a software patch that makes it look like a 360 degree image. But because it is a side imaging ducer you have to turn the trolling motor side to side in order for it to work, so it doesn't work in a spot lock condition, doesn't work when you are working your way down a bank, just flat dumb. The only time you can use it is when you are idling slowly with the big motor (would be moving too fast so it would be ineffective), or when you are drifting and in any sort of wind that will negate any and all benefits it could have cause you can't control the boat during use. Its dumb, don't waste any more time thinking about it until they do something that would be useful.

3. Member
    The only way it is useful is if you have shallow water anchors on your boat and you lock down, then you could turn it on and see structure and cover. In literally every other scenario it is completely worthless.

4. Member
    I'm a Lowrance fan.

However, the Ghost 360 is not even comparable to HB's Mega 360. Mega 360 is way better.

I think Ghost 360 was intended more as a free feature if you already had the equipment. If you purchased the Ghost specifically for it you would be disappointed.
    2023 Puma STS

I have a Ghost 360 like TNReb said not even comparable. I will be buying Mega 360 when available. Ive always had Humminbird. My new boat came with Lowrance, very disappointed in the SI, DI, and 360
    Mark
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Lowrance HDS 9s
    Lowrance Ghost
    6" Slidemaster Jackplate