Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Putting life into perspective

Some might know that my wife had breast cancer in 2018. If you ever saw my bass boat you know who I am. There is a lot of Pink on it.

Fishing has been one of my priorities. All my vacations and schedules revolved around fishing. I have a good wife she never complained.

She wanted a new vehicle a few months back. I suggested we hold up until she reaches 62. At that age she would retire and we could maybe just go down to one vehicle.

Like I said priorities. Last week my world got rocked for a second time. If you have been there you have seen it. She walks down the stairs I hear the sobbing and I see the terror in her eyes. She's able to get out, I bleeding in my urine.

Life changes quickly, your mind goes into over drive. Phones calls are made, urgency is the name of the game. I'm good at pulling strings and doctors appointments along with testing is set up fast. The next day she goes to her first appointment. I got things going fast.

So as I'm sitting waiting for her to come out of the exam room I hear her voice, I would really like a new Jeep in my head. Then I remember my shit ass reply what's wrong with yours, can't you wait a few more years.

In about 15 mins while sitting in that waiting room I was able to find over 30 Jeep L's sitting at Victory Jeep in Delmont, Pa. It's about an hour and half drive. Now I have my truck. It's dirty, loaded with crap and I just filled the gas tank today and put new tires on it the prior week.

When she came out I drove straight to that dealership. I didn't care she was getting her new Jeep that evening even if it meant I traded in my RAM Crew Cab. She got her new Jeep that evening.

My priorities have changed, heck they should have changed a few years back. Fishing has taken a back seat. To be honest I don't even feel like fishing. I have one great wife that I love. She is my only priority.

Now it has not been one week. She has met with three doctors, had blood work, ultrasound, enhanced CT scan and another doctors appointment tomorrow.
    Initial tests are promising, but we are still waiting for more testing and results.

My point is tomorrow is not guaranteed. My wife is my life. I sat with her for hours each time as she went through 26 weeks of chemo the first time. I paced back and forth through two mastectomy operations. I held her hand and we cried together.

We are strong, she is one heck of a strong woman. I'm not asking so much for your prayers, there are others that need them more. What I want is to make sure you have the right priorities. I have mine even though I have forgotten it a couple of times.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Some might know that my wife had breast cancer in 2018. If you ever saw my bass boat you know who I am. There is a lot of Pink on it.

Fishing has been one of my priorities. All my vacations and schedules revolved around fishing. I have a good wife she never complained.

She wanted a new vehicle a few months back. I suggested we hold up until she reaches 62. At that age she would retire and we could maybe just go down to one vehicle.

Like I said priorities. Last week my world got rocked for a second time. If you have been there you have seen it. She walks down the stairs I hear the sobbing and I see the terror in her eyes. She's able to get out, I bleeding in my urine.

Life changes quickly, your mind goes into over drive. Phones calls are made, urgency is the name of the game. I'm good at pulling strings and doctors appointments along with testing is set up fast. The next day she goes to her first appointment. I got things going fast.

So as I'm sitting waiting for her to come out of the exam room I hear her voice, I would really like a new Jeep in my head. Then I remember my shit ass reply what's wrong with yours, can't you wait a few more years.

In about 15 mins while sitting in that waiting room I was able to find over 30 Jeep L's sitting at Victory Jeep in Delmont, Pa. It's about an hour and half drive. Now I have my truck. It's dirty, loaded with crap and I just filled the gas tank today and put new tires on it the prior week.

When she came out I drove straight to that dealership. I didn't care she was getting her new Jeep that evening even if it meant I traded in my RAM Crew Cab. She got her new Jeep that evening.

My priorities have changed, heck they should have changed a few years back. Fishing has taken a back seat. To be honest I don't even feel like fishing. I have one great wife that I love. She is my only priority.

Now it has not been one week. She has met with three doctors, had blood work, ultrasound, enhanced CT scan and another doctors appointment tomorrow.
    Initial tests are promising, but we are still waiting for more testing and results.

My point is tomorrow is not guaranteed. My wife is my life. I sat with her for hours each time as she went through 26 weeks of chemo the first time. I paced back and forth through two mastectomy operations. I held her hand and we cried together.

We are strong, she is one heck of a strong woman. I'm not asking so much for your prayers, there are others that need them more. What I want is to make sure you have the right priorities. I have mine even though I have forgotten it a couple of times.
    I seriously have chills all over my body right now. God bless you sir. God bless her, Jesus take the wheel.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

5. Member
    She has a good man.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

6. Member
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

7. Member
    Well Sir, prayers for your wife and family. Excellent post and sad but true.

I for one am going to take your thoughts to heart and look at things in my life different going forward.

8. Member
    For good results on the tests.

2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

11. Member

12. Member
    Prayers for your wife and you. And remember to keep your faith brother faith is very important.

I am thankful you got your priorities aligned. We always have room for more to pray for. Praying yall figure it out.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

14. Member

15. Member
    You nailed it in what you said above, god bless and hope everything turns out well for your wife.

16. Member
    Well said..........Priorities........You're a good man.

17. Moderator
    Good post. Went through the same with my wife in 2015 at the age of 31 with a 7 year old. Hope everything turns out well for you guys this go around. Honestly it’s one of my deepest fears that hers will return in some form.

18. Member

Praying for her.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast