Thread: ear muffs

Question ear muffs

I wear hearing aids and cannot use plugs; the muffs get in way when shooting from bench. Anyone know of small muffs that would work, or any type that would work with hearing aids
    Last edited by BBW; 05-24-2022 at 09:56 AM.

2. Member
    I dont, the in-ear ones I know of maybe would not work unless you took hearing aids out. Do you have a fit issue or something that is causing muffs to be in the way? Guess Ive never had an issue with muffs other than being a little sweaty in very hot weather.
    There are noise-cancelling/amplifying in-ear protectors, can you sub those for your hearing aids at the range? Something like these, there are a number available: https://soundgear.com/collections/instant-fit

3. Member
    I've heard others talk about muffs getting in the way but I don't understand the issue. I wear slimline electronic muffs and have never had an issue and I spend a lot of time on the bench. I have honestly got done shooting and gone on about my business without noticing I still had them on. Just curious, how is it that they get in the way for you? Now I don't wear hearing aids (yet) so that may be part of the issue but I would like to know. Thanks.

4. mikesxpress
    That's an issue for most bench shooting with a lead sled/long gun. You can't get a good stock cheek weld with muffs on.

I’ve tried several pairs and recently bought another set. They seem much better when shooting a rifle or shotgun but will shoot with them again before posting my opinion on them. They are pretty low profile and have a few different settings but were on the expensive side.

6. Member
    There's plenty of electronic ear plugs (buds). You would get protection and still be able to hear. Just remove your hearing aid and use the plugs instead.

SJM06141web-1024x576.jpg