Power Pole Issue

I have a set of 10'ers and they have been on my boat for about 5 years and never an issue. This past weekend I had one on them deploy down on its own and the pump would not shut off and stayed in the down position. After messing with the console switches and the foot switches on the bow I was able to get the pump shut off and the pole raised. About the time we went to head in to weigh in (fishing a tournament), it deployed down again and would not come up or shut off so I turned the power off to it (which I should of done when it came back up but didn't think about it) and we limped in with it down (thats really a bad feeling but somehow we didn't hurt anything).

After I got back to the dock I turned the power back on to it and it worked perfectly fine. It rained really hard that morning for a good while and I'm not sure if something got wet, or could the batteries be getting low in the blue tooth pods on the bow??

Anyone had this happen?????

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    anytime you have trouble and think it could possible be a issue with the remotes be it foot switches , dash remote, or neck remote always go back and press the buttons on the pump topcap this bypasses the switches and can help you pinpoint what the issue might be ( be it a remote issue) . I would start by looking into the fuse holders for corrosion. Clean them well and put in dielectric grease and replace fuse. Check the connections on the battery ground and positive. If you have them going to a battery cut off switch check them as well. start there and get back to me.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. When the issue started neither pumps would shut off, they both were running constant (both going down) I did try and operate them from the buttons on the pumps but they did not respond at all, continued to run continuously. I ended up powering them both down with my battery cut off switches I installed (one for each pump). I'm almost certain its one of the remote down switches stuck.

Can a low battery in the pods on the front deck cause something like this, or maybe water got in one of the switches?? It rained about 3 inches in two hours that morning, so I'm wondering if maybe the front down pod has a compromised seal? I noticed after everything started working properly back at the dock, the down pod on the front deck did not work at first, then after I touched it a couple of times it started to work, that why I keep going to that pod thinking thats the issue.

I absolutely love these PowerPoles, will never have a boat without them, this is the first issue I have ever had, they have been very dependable.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    It is possible to have water intrusion moisture.in your footswitches yes causing a short circuit. Give power Pole a call.

5. Member
    I will give them a call, thank you

6. Member
    Called the folks at Power Pole. Absolutely great service!!! I also learned a lot while talking on the phone with Anthony, he was very knowledgeable. Much appreciated!!

7. Member
    This happened to me and ended up being a bad battery in one of the remote switches
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

8. Banned
    If you have the C-Monster app you can run a diagnostic test and forward to Powerpole. I have done this several times. Great customer service.

9. Member
    Thanks for the replies, I was out this past weekend and the switch finally failed 100%, won't do anything, (changed the battery), so I think that confirmed the switch is bad. Everything else works as it should.