Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No Kids, Thank Goodness......

Those of you who do have kids, congratulations.

It isn't that I dislike kids.

It is the fact that this country has lost its mind!

From the folks in DC basically saying they don't care how much you as a citizen suffer, as long as they get what they want (i.e. fuel prices, inflation, etc.), to insurance companies trying to teach kindergarten kids about alternative lifestyles, to easily available narcotics, etc.

How any child can turn out right, is beyond me (and a testament to their upbringing).

Kudos to you parents currently raising children.

My hat is off to you!
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The State Farm thing is mind boggling. Glad I canceled them, for other reasons but the recent news would be reason enough.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    As a school teacher, it is mind blowing and disgusting what I see daily..
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

4. Member
    this prob won't last long but ya I didn't want a 3rd because of this and other issues

well my wife wanted a 3rd so here we are with 3 girls. its going to be a tough go. we are in a small group at church that is young families on how to raise kids. we are trying to always do better and create a positive atmosphere at home

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    The State Farm thing is mind boggling. Glad I canceled them, for other reasons but the recent news would be reason enough.
    I guess I'm not familiar with "The State Farm thing" please explain
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

6. Member
    Pretty damn painful! Look at preggo chicks these days and wonder wtf they were thinking. Wasn’t worth it lol

Glad my boys are 8 and 7 but still a rough road with childcare, homework, sports etc

7. Member
    Been married for 16 years on 6/12, no kids and no desire to have any. It's just me and her enjoying our lives together.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    We actually have them at this time and my wife brought this up last night don't get it.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Just saw where state farm is teaming up with Disney! how sad for 2 large iconic companies to press social issues. No more State Farm for me!!!

Seems their network is down ow - Probably all the displeasure and cancelations!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

10. Member
    I dont think its bad at all. Its a great time to raise kids. Teach your kids to think for themselves dont try to keep them in a cocoon and protect them from the world. I dont see how parents survive giving their kids so little credit to make goods decisions and believing there is this evil force out there trying to turn your kids to the darkside. I think the paranoia and 24 hour new cycle have drove lots of people crazy. It not any different now than the 70's or 80's but since the news tells everyone they need to be outraged over something this is what you get.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I dont think its bad at all. Its a great time to raise kids. Teach your kids to think for themselves dont try to keep them in a cocoon and protect them from the world. I dont see how parents survive giving their kids so little credit to make goods decisions and believing there is this evil force out there trying to turn your kids to the darkside. I think the paranoia and 24 hour new cycle have drove lots of people crazy. It not any different now than the 70's or 80's but since the news tells everyone they need to be outraged over something this is what you get.

12. Member

Agree.

I also think, we are in a time, where; corporations, schools, etc. are over reaching and trying to involve themselves and create influence, in areas they do not belong.

I'll tell you one thing, if we did have children and the State Farm thing happened, I would absolutely lose it. I wouldn't be happy if it happened, even though we do not have kids. That is not how I want my property taxes to to towards future generations.

13. Member
    I am no whack job, right wing nut case. I am a conservative, I vote republican, and I am Christian, I am white middle age male. So I confess to all that up front. But I am here to tell thatas a public school teacher there is 100% indoctrination of liberal ideas happening in public schools. It can be in your face or very sutle, but it is happening. It has happened with the faculty first. Then they start with the kids. Example: In 2020 right after the George Floyd incident, my county was very quick to adopt the critical race theory. Before school was out we in virtual siminars with liberal professors talking to us about "anti Racism" and "white privilege" ...by fall of 21, we were encouraged to have conversations with our students about race. asked them to give their experiences with racism..now this is 6-8 th grade mind you. the county even had a forum online for kids to tell their stories of racism in the classroom! Basically kids were writing in and saying this teacher is racist because: fill in the blank...actually would give the name of the teacher!! Now a 12 year old can determine if a teacher is racist and slander them?? anyways, it all got chopped after the school board realized what could happen, now there is no mention of critical race. But there definatley a huge support for LGBTQ from the county.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    Agree.

I also think, we are in a time, where; corporations, schools, etc. are over reaching and trying to involve themselves and create influence, in areas they do not belong.

I'll tell you one thing, if we did have children and the State Farm thing happened, I would absolutely lose it. I wouldn't be happy if it happened, even though we do not have kids. That is not how I want my property taxes to to towards future generations.
    Indoctrination has been happening for Eons. I mean just look at the catholic church and how long have been covering for pedophiles. That makes me more upset than state farm trying to educate children. Kids are going to do and act like their parents the parents are the biggest influence on theirs lives. How may parents can say they are the perfect role model. I have a 9 years old who wants to be just like me. I have to look in the mirror all the time and correct my own behavior. I have enough bad habits that I dont have time to worry about what every other person is doing. If these outraged parents had a little faith in their parenting and their kids they wouldnt be consumed by the 24 hour outrage cycle. It wasn't to many years kids couldn't watch the leader of the free world on TV because of all the unaltered R rated trash that was spewed from his mouth. Yet barely over half this country was upset about it.

15. Member
    Indoctrination has been happening for Eons. I mean just look at the catholic church and how long have been covering for pedophiles. That makes me more upset than state farm trying to educate children. Kids are going to do and act like their parents the parents are the biggest influence on theirs lives. How may parents can say they are the perfect role model. I have a 9 years old who wants to be just like me. I have to look in the mirror all the time and correct my own behavior. I have enough bad habits that I dont have time to worry about what every other person is doing. If these outraged parents had a little faith in their parenting and their kids they wouldnt be consumed by the 24 hour outrage cycle. It wasn't to many years kids couldn't watch the leader of the free world on TV because of all the unaltered R rated trash that was spewed from his mouth. Yet barely over half this country was upset about it.
    which leader?
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I am no whack job, right wing nut case. I am a conservative, I vote republican, and I am Christian, I am white middle age male. So I confess to all that up front. But I am here to tell thatas a public school teacher there is 100% indoctrination of liberal ideas happening in public schools. It can be in your face or very sutle, but it is happening. It has happened with the faculty first. Then they start with the kids. Example: In 2020 right after the George Floyd incident, my county was very quick to adopt the critical race theory. Before school was out we in virtual siminars with liberal professors talking to us about "anti Racism" and "white privilege" ...by fall of 21, we were encouraged to have conversations with our students about race. asked them to give their experiences with racism..now this is 6-8 th grade mind you. the county even had a forum online for kids to tell their stories of racism in the classroom! Basically kids were writing in and saying this teacher is racist because: fill in the blank...actually would give the name of the teacher!! Now a 12 year old can determine if a teacher is racist and slander them?? anyways, it all got chopped after the school board realized what could happen, now there is no mention of critical race. But there definatley a huge support for LGBTQ from the county.

I think most see it and understand what is going on.

I give you and all in that profession a tremendous deal of respect. No way, could I do the job!

We have 3 teachers on our street (14 homes) and I refer to them (in conversations with them) as the cult. We all laugh about it. But it is true. In 7 years of living there and knowing them, the changes they describe, as you have, are spot on. They also talk about how many teachers no longer "teach". They recite to "the test". So higher test scores are achieved and more funding is provided.

Scary stuff.

17. Member
    We can agree in part and we will disagree in part.

IMO, if you are not offended by the State Farm deal, I'm a bit concerned.

We can leave it at that, as I do not want to see this get shut down.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    I think most see it and understand what is going on.

I give you and all in that profession a tremendous deal of respect. No way, could I do the job!

We have 3 teachers on our street (14 homes) and I refer to them (in conversations with them) as the cult. We all laugh about it. But it is true. In 7 years of living there and knowing them, the changes they describe, as you have, are spot on. They also talk about how many teachers no longer "teach". They recite to "the test". So higher test scores are achieved and more funding is provided.

Scary stuff.
    It always boils down to Federal Funding my man. states are scared to death to lose that funding. Ask them about why students of color do not get suspended or expelled. States were told to lay off that because there is a disproportionate number of students of color getting expelled and suspended and it affected the graduation rates and the funding would be pulled.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Looks like State Farm is walking it back and abandoning support to thst program now. Guess they did not like the fallout from their customer base.
    I think a whole lot of this country has had their fill of the woke narrative and have started to hit these companies back by taking their business elsewhere.
    People want auto, home and life insurance not life lessons.

20. Banned
    so glad i have no kids

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast