Question ELECTRONICS SUGGESTION

Hey All,

Picking up my new 20 Pro this week! Standard has an HDS Live 9 on console and at the bow. My skeeter that I’m trading in has a Solix 12 at the console a Solix 10 at the bow and a HDS12 w/active Target (I’m taking this with me)

so as it stands I would have a 9 and 12 up front and a 9 flush mounted at the console. I’m debating on the following scenarios but wanted to see what everyone else would do. Do I…

do (2) 12s up front (1 strictly for Active Target) and (2) 9s at the console (side by side)

do (1) 9 up front for map and sonar and (1) 12 up front for AT and (2) 9s at console

(4) 12s all around

do (1) 9 up front and (1) 12 up front and (2) 12s at console?

Important note is that I receive a significant discount off Lowrance and also would be willing to sell the 2 9s.

just not sure the route I want to go…

Orrr… just have (1) 12 at console and either (2) 12s up front or a 9 and 12

Any input??

thanks!
    Last edited by BigBlueBassin; 05-23-2022 at 08:37 PM.
    Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing. --Henry David Thoreau

2. Member
    In my opinion having bigger a screen(s) is a must. At the console, since you are physically closer you could go smaller like 2 9's. On the flip side, if money isn't an issue then go all 12's.

3. Member
    I have to agree w AndrewM - bigger is better. I have a much easier time reading SI & DI w my 10 inch Helix . Good luck.

4. Member
    HDS 16 at console and first choice 12/12 or second choice 9/12 on bow. I run 12 console and wish I had more room, however like it better than my 9/9 console set up. HDS 12 for mapping/ di/2d and 10 Garmin for live scope on bow.