Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    ^^^^^^ , do you have anyway to monitor fuel/air psi when its idling rough , also i gotta know why the fully dressed powerhead did not come with pcm , ws it new or used , ??????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    I'd replace the Sierra pulse pump with genuine OEM Mercury the same time you put the good bulb on.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    ^^^^^^ , do you have anyway to monitor fuel/air psi when its idling rough , also i gotta know why the fully dressed powerhead did not come with pcm , ws it new or used , ??????
    Yes the pressures are exactly 80/90 when it’s idling rough. For some reason the 150 pcm wasn’t working properly. I can’t remember exactly what they said. I think it kept blowing a fuse to one of the fuel pumps or something. The shop sent it off for repair and put my old pcm on it temporarily but a week later let me know that the 150 pcm was said to be unrepairable.

4. Member
    Does anybody know what the gap should be between the butterfly valve and the air intake? I read somewhere #56 drill (1.143 mm) but I don’t know if that’s correct for my specific engine. If it is then my valve is too closed because a #56 drill bit does not fit in the gap at all

5. Member
    need ser number for that measurement , where is valve assembly for 135 that pcm is off of
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    need ser number for that measurement , where is valve assembly for 135 that pcm is off of
    The serial number for the 135 was 1B070297. The serial number for the 150 is 1B508381.

7. Member
    diggn

8. Member
    Can anyone verify what my throttle plate air gap should be?

9. Member
    ser number 0g960500 and up 0.031/#68 bit

10. Member
    Well turns out the throttle plate gap is correct. I thought for sure it was too closed. I also put a mercury primer bulb on it and replaced the fuel line from the bulb to diaphragm pump. I’ll get a chance to run it this weekend. Anything else I should do or check before then?

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Which grommet is installed between the flywheel cover and the throttle plate?

Did you ever go back and replace the aftermarket diaphragm kit with an OEM kit?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    The correct grommet is installed. And yes I just installed the oem diaphragm kit and replaced fuel line from bulb to pump

13. Member
    Update. Just ran the boat and all morning ran normal (still has the rough idle). Towards the end of the day I was on plane and all of the sudden the motor just fell on its face and died. It’s never done that before. I pump the bulb till it’s firm (probably 10 times) and it fires right back up. Get back on plane and 30 seconds later dies again. I have to keep pumping the bulb and restarting it to get back to the dock. Seems like the VST isn’t getting fuel. I hear both pumps working when I turn the key but the low pressure pump makes a weird squeaking/squealing sound after it shuts off. Would these symptoms point to the low pressure pump or my brand new diaphragm pump that I just rebuilt?

14. Member
    squealing yes dry pumps , if you have to pump bulb vst is not staying full ,= dry pumps , verify pulse rebuild

15. Member
    Alright it’s still idling rough. I’m wondering if it’s an electrical problem at this point. For some reason when I first start the motor it idles really rough and the voltage gauge only shows like 10.5 volts. When I come off plane to idle it idles slightly better and gauge shows 12 volts. It’s weird though because when I put a multimeter on the battery and on the motor it shows 13+ volts all the time

16. Member

17. Member
    Voltage at the battery is 12.74v, voltage at the engine is 12.69v, voltage at the gauge is 10.5v. I’m losing volts somewhere between the engine and gauge. Would this have anything to do with my idle?

18. Member
    Yes it can. Battery voltage, running at idle, should be 14+, I've never seen mine less than 14.2 - 14.3v. Under 13, somethings not right.

Charge and have the battery load tested to confirm minimum 800CCA, if passes, reconnect battery with engine leads only then with water supplied to the engine, start and tell us the voltage at the battery after 5mins as measured with a digital meter.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

19. Member
    ^^^^+1 not right are you looking at analog gage on dash for reading

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Yes it can. Battery voltage, running at idle, should be 14+, I've never seen mine less than 14.2 - 14.3v. Under 13, somethings not right.

Charge and have the battery load tested to confirm minimum 800CCA, if passes, reconnect battery with engine leads only then with water supplied to the engine, start and tell us the voltage at the battery after 5mins as measured with a digital meter.
    Those numbers are while sitting not running. While running the battery and where the battery cables connect to the engine show around 14 volts but the gauge only shows 10.5-12. I’m wondering if the pcm isn’t getting all those volts. Where would I check voltage to see if the pcm is getting 14+ volts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast