If we can put heated seats or a heated steering wheel on a bass boat then.....

Why can't we put a backup camera on the back of a trailer?
    How hard would that be! Not that I have an issue backing up my trailer but a camera seems like a no brainer to me.
    Pop it into reverse and it can show up on my dash screen or if you don't have a late model truck with a screen have a small monitor as an option.

Oh and backing into the garage recently I "kissed" one of my cabinets with the prop so that's kind of where I am coming from

2. Member
    I do admit a camera in the back would be nice to watch the prop, I can park my suv and boat in my 40' pole shed but I have 6" of space so you have to get a little close to the wall.

3. Member
    Why not buy a cheap wireless camera intended for something like an RV and suction cup it to the motor cowling while backing into the garage?
    Fish have fins, they swim

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    I do admit a camera in the back would be nice to watch the prop, I can park my suv and boat in my 40' pole shed but I have 6" of space so you have to get a little close to the wall.
    Why not just put a wheel chock down?

They do. Most new truck have the capability
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

6. Member
    So I realize their are other solutions (i.e. a chock) but it really seems like a no brainer.
    I remember when they started putting backup cameras on trucks and many here said "if you already can't put your truck on the hitch without a camera, maybe you should't be boating" and fast forward to today I could not imagine hooking up without "that camera view'.

To repeat myself, it seems like the bass boat companies are looking for ways to differentiate themselves (heated gizmos) then build Waterproof camera recessed into the trailer and call it a day

7. Banned
    i had that idea years ago. it would only work if they figure out how to interface it with the standard plug and your info screen in the vehicle. i sent it to basscat a while back and they was like meh

the see-through tech above is the next step

Here is the ram trailer connector above the 7 way
    4AA5D127-AAC5-4D88-AF2C-6D3DBCB0ECBA.jpeg
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    They do. Most new truck have the capability
    Cool but I'm sure that adds a pretty penny to the price of the vehicle and maintenance costs down the road when something happens to muck up the system and cameras.

10. Member
    Just put on a camera on the back into the 12v system. Transmit via a wireless module to a monitor up front.

I used one that took RCA signal and transmitted it over 2.4GHZ signal. Worked great up to the distance a boat would be away.