BCB Trailer bunks question

Was under my 09 Sabre replacing a light. Looked at lag bolts holding bunks on. Scary rusted looking. Anyone know what size they are. Are they lags or counter sunk bolts? May look into stainless or galvanized. Could be a summer project when trailer is empty in Canada.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    On my lynx they are lag bolts. Take one out so you get the same size and length. Stainless steel is what I would put back in it.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    When I did Gatorbaks on my Ranger I wanted new hardware so it was easier to switch it at the ramp. Very front on the center 2 bunks were countersunk bolts, everything else was lags. Like said, just take one lag out from the bottom in the garage to get the size. Don’t forget if you do stainless bolts with lock nuts up front to have anti-seize with for the threads…ask me how I know

Also, bring a bar clamp or hand clamp, makes the process easier.
    Last edited by XingEyeballs; 05-24-2022 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added information
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    I ordered bunks and hardware from the BCB store and replaced them in about one hour in the lake parking lot.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    Was under my 09 Sabre replacing a light. Looked at lag bolts holding bunks on. Scary rusted looking. Anyone know what size they are. Are they lags or counter sunk bolts? May look into stainless or galvanized. Could be a summer project when trailer is empty in Canada.
    Had the same issue with my 2014 Puma bolts were backing out .What was worse the brackets that the bunks are bolted to are beginning to rust .I've begun to scrape and repaint . What pisses me off is that I paid to have a double coat of gaterhide on the trailer when a ordered the boat I guess they didnt do the brackets .