General rigging question, 9.9EL4ST, S/N OT287387

This engine will be mounted on a small Tracker pontoon for a horsepower restricted lake. The pontoon had a EFI 4stroke 75 on it that was removed. Pontoon harness is the standard 8 pin. This 9.9 has the 8 pin harness as well. When i plug it up, the electric choke solenoid/plunger will not work. I'm not a Mercury rigging expert, so before i test the solenoid to see if it's faulty, i thought i would ask .......will the standard harness support firing this choke? It doesn't look like it has a light blue wire. Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Tracker likely did not put the yellow w/black stripe wire in the harness (between the key switch and the engine). Does it have a key that will "push" in?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I will look when i get home Mr Don. I will reply tomorrow. As always, thank you for your time, and your knowledge, that you so graciously donate to us!