Thread: Factory Options

Factory Options

What factory options would one add to a new boat build?

2. Member
    What model boat?

3. Member
    XRS

4. Member
    Bobs hydraulic jackplate
    TH Oxygenator in livewell
    Auxiliary fuel tank (has to be done while boat is still in 2 pieces, can’t be added after built)
    upgraded 1100gph bilge pump or a 2nd added as a backup (gotta pull the tank to get to them if a problem occurs or if you add later)
    torsion axles and brakes on both
    alot are going the road armour on the trailer now instead of paint to avoid rock chips and scratches

On a personal note, I would have them put the cup holders on the outside of the seats instead of in the middle between the seats. Mine is a 2019 and the holders are in the middle, a couple of times now when my dad is with me he has stepped on a can or bottle and almost fell. He’s older and not as steady on his feet nowadays so he now has to watch and make sure there is nothing in the holders or step around it. They may have changed them to the outsides now, haven’t looked at a new one lately.

Add a middle seat. Im not sure how that stopped being a thing over the years. The other suggestions are great as well. Do NOT get Aluminum trailer from Ameratrail. Much better options out there.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Member
    Any issues with the road armour trailer fading?

7. Member
    I would do galv & painted trailer, add a 2nd recirc pump in livewell & have all livewell pumps (fill & recircs) 750 or 800 gph.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisx View Post
    Any issues with the road armour trailer fading?
    Not sure, I don’t know anyone myself that has one and haven’t seen one either. Personally I would stick with a painted one.

9. Member
    I have the road armour on my 2021 and it looks fine so far. The boat is stored inside so it might take a while before it fades. I like it myself.

10. Member
    I have the road armour on my 2021 XRS and it looks as good today as the day I bought it. I put the 303 Aerospace on it every so often to protect from the sun fading it. The only thing I dislike about it is nothing sticks to it, as I have blown off a couple of the aluminum tread steps as they are only put on with two sided tape. As far as options the only thing I had changed after the fact is the float switch on my auto bilge pump kept getting stuck up and would not shut off for some reason and changed to an electronic sensor type switch.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy's Bullet View Post
    I have the road armour on my 2021 and it looks fine so far. The boat is stored inside so it might take a while before it fades. I like it myself.
    I ordered a new Bullet a few months ago and went with the Road Armour coating. I have not heard anything good or bad, so I was kind of curious what folks thought after they have had them. If it helps prevent chips on the axles and cross members I will be a fan. Those areas really get beat on by road debris.

12. Member
    If I could re do it. I would get my trailer all black. Sea deck in all compartments and floor, 3rd Cleat on both sides (where the front cleat is is to far forward that it’s kinda useless), no rod tubes or any tackle organizers. Aux fuel tank.

my trailer has the elite shield (road armour). Imo it’s worth the upgrade, my buddy’s skeeter has it and it’s a 2015, still looks new.

13. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    A horn?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    A horn?
    After seeing some close calls and then the unfortunate ones, a loud horn would be a really good idea! Wish mine had one. Wouldn’t take much to install one.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs