Controlling your Minn kota Talon. Remote vs foot switch vs stomp - Dimension request

How do you control your Minn Kota talon on the bow? I have limited space on the front of my Z7 and am wondering if anyone has used the stomp switches.
    https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Those dimensions should fit up front nicely without me sacrificing rod storage space on the deck. (3.5" x 3.2" x 1")
    Who has used them?

What about the foot switch?
    https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Any use this? Could you measure the dimensions as I can't seem to find them. It appears to be bulky.

Who just uses the remote fob?

Thanks!

2. Member
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm getting Raptors this week and was debating on the stomps but space is a factor. Probably try the fob at first, see how that goes, add the stomps once I get annoyed enough...lol

3. Member
    Ordered a 12' and the stomp switches. Will post back feedback.

4. Member
    This is what I posted on a post below concerning Raptors. However, I imagine it would be the same for Talons. I had the raptor stomp switches and didn't like them as you had to hit them just right. My dad has poles with the same issue with his stomp switches. I switched to the Raptor foot switch and am much happier. Just a slight toe tap to deploy or retract.

I use the foot pedal 90%. It's only 6 or 7 inches wide by 4-5 inches long. I used to just use the fob but I like to keep my hands in the fishing game. I keep the pedal right next to the trolling motor so just a quick step and double tap and the talon is down.
    I also don't like anything hanging from my neck. My pedal is not mounted to the floor so I can move it around if need be. My boat is smaller than a Z7.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!