New car wash and wax

So I just took delivery on my 2022 Tahoe, I am looking for recommendations for a quality car wash soap and wax. I've seen a lot on line but sometimes that
    leads to more questions than answers.

2. Member
    I like the Chemical Guys products.

3. Scraps
    I had a couple black vehicles. Seemed to do best with the "paint sealants." I like the Griot's products, but like said, Chem Guys make some good stuff.

After I bought my current 2018 truck, I switched to a "rinseless" wash system and have not had to wax the vehicle since. It's like waxing every time I wash.
    Last edited by krindgen; 05-24-2022 at 06:33 AM.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Chemical Guys. If you feel like spending the money, you may want to have it ceramic coated.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Zaino
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

6. Member
    After some research, I really like the turtle wax brand spray on ceramic wax . I do not have the time/desire to do the traditional ceramics coating myself.
    I used a hybrid clay bar to strip my 2020 F150 down. It may have taken me an hour to put 2 coats of the turtle ceramic spay on the truck. In the rain at 65mph, I get a puddle on both sides of my hood it beads so well. Wind is pushing the water up and weight of the puddle of water is holding it in place. Your hand slides on the metal with almost no friction.
    I towed home from Champlain Friday in the rain. My boat looked dirty by the truck looked like I had washed it.
    I am going to try it on the boat next. I like the Lucas slick mist on the boat but now that Turtle wax has a “ceramic “ wipe down spray as well, I’ll give it a shot

7. Member
    And from the tight wad financial planner side of me, it’s under $20 for the bottle which would do 3 or 4 vehicles, it makes it that much better.

8. Member
    I don't have the time nor patience to do a good, traditional paste wax. In the old days, I would put on 2 coats which lasts a long time. Now, I use Turtle Wax spray-on wash and wax with carnauba and wipe it dry. Seems to be good with minimal amount of effort and cost. Also used it on my tin boat, including the fiberglass consoles.

9. Member
    Thanks for all of the suggestions and insight.