Thread: 2020 RT188P

2020 RT188P

I’m looking at purchasing a used 2020 RT188P with only 9 hours on it. Was just hoping to hear some of the good, bad and, ugly on this year make and model.

V/R
    Marty
    Marty Donohue
    Melbourne, Florida
    2020 1656 Havoc Marshrunner
    60 Suzuki hanging on bobs action series Jack plate turning a Powertech SRD316P 42mph@5900rpm 8’PP Blade
    Ultrex, Helix 9 MSI G3N, Helix 10 MDI+ G4N, Mega 360, Ionic lithium’s

I see you are in Melbourne, Florida. I fish down in that area from about Thanksgiving until middle of April or so. I have had the RT down there through the winter many years. The boat is about perfect for that area. Mine is the RT188 with a 115 Yamaha.

One thing I really like is how shallow it will fish and that really helps in some of the Florida water. Another thing you will like is how big the front deck is. I carry several rods all rigged and ready in the front deck and still have plenty of room to move around and stand and fish from the front.

I came back on edit to add one thing... it is a good boat and would be good for your area lakes. If it is at a good price, I would jump on it. I think that if you don't, it will be gone. Just test the normal things like ...drive it, check for water in bilge after it has been in the water for a while, check on warranty registration transference to second owner, have the motor checked out and check all the accessories are operable. It is a good boat.
    Last edited by Panama; 05-23-2022 at 09:52 AM.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA