You thoughts on this battery for motor and electrical EQUIPMENT ON MY z522

I heard a NAPA gr 31 AGM BATTERY is pretty good for this service. I ran a DEKA gr 31 AGM BUT THIS NAPA IS $100.00 LESS AND IS RATED HIGHER.

2. Member
    Do you have a link? A lot of Napa batteries are relabelled Deka/East Penn
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Do you have a link? A lot of Napa batteries are relabelled Deka/East Penn
    Looks like all NAPA have been by DEKA/east Penn since 2009. This Napa battery never states its a Marine or a AGM. Just says commercial. It does have good rating but I found a cart that said it compared to the Deka 1231MF?same I think. ( not an AGM??/
    . Its a NAPA 7234 group 31

You have gave us literally 0 info on your setup. No motor info or electronics. How many hours a day do you like to spend on the water? do you like to fish tournaments? All this matters and why it matters is because we can determine if you need just 1 or do you actually need 2 agm batteries in parallel to supply your needs. This battery you listed is a 1000 CCA battery which is ideal for starting a 250 pro xs, im going to guess this is the motor you are running. You want something at or above 1000 CCA. Next is your accessory power this is related to electronics and pumps. If you tournament fish you are looking at running say 2-4 pumps all day, this can use up around 20% of your battery alone in a 8 hour day if you run them on manual. Typically if you have 3 12" graphs of any brand this will use about 8amps of power per hour not including any accessories and this battery should beable to keep the boat powered for about 12 hours maybe more depending on how much you operate your outboard in a day which is constantly varying.

If you run 4-5 graphs and like to fish for 12 plus hours a day and you are pretty hardcore about it I would get 2 batteries and put them in parallel to ensure you have enough power to last you all day and get you home.

But in general yes this looks like it will be a good battery.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    You have gave us literally 0 info on your setup. No motor info or electronics. How many hours a day do you like to spend on the water? do you like to fish tournaments? All this matters and why it matters is because we can determine if you need just 1 or do you actually need 2 agm batteries in parallel to supply your needs. This battery you listed is a 1000 CCA battery which is ideal for starting a 250 pro xs, im going to guess this is the motor you are running. You want something at or above 1000 CCA. Next is your accessory power this is related to electronics and pumps. If you tournament fish you are looking at running say 2-4 pumps all day, this can use up around 20% of your battery alone in a 8 hour day if you run them on manual. Typically if you have 3 12" graphs of any brand this will use about 8amps of power per hour not including any accessories and this battery should beable to keep the boat powered for about 12 hours maybe more depending on how much you operate your outboard in a day which is constantly varying.

If you run 4-5 graphs and like to fish for 12 plus hours a day and you are pretty hardcore about it I would get 2 batteries and put them in parallel to ensure you have enough power to last you all day and get you home.

But in general yes this looks like it will be a good battery.
    I had given all that info in another thread. I did say that A Deka G31 AGM did work but I was looking if this battery might work. My AGM went to ground and burned up my Ranger Boat brain. All three of my TM batteries were good.

Quote Originally Posted by ARK Ranger View Post
    I had given all that info in another thread. I did say that A Deka G31 AGM did work but I was looking if this battery might work. My AGM went to ground and burned up my Ranger Boat brain. All three of my TM batteries were good.
    you probably should have linked the info. you didn't say anywhere in this thread that the deka 31agm had worked for you. But yes this battery you are looking at should work for you if the deka 31 agm worked prior.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

That's a commercial truck battery. Nothing wrong with that !! (I run 2 commercial truck deep cycle batteries from Peterbilt for my trolling motor.) That's a wet cell sealed no maintenance battery and has good specs too. They're about $125 at Peterbilt or Freightliner.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents