....just don't like it

I have watched the Bassmaster tourney from Lake Fork for the last 4 days and I gotta say the inconsistencies in weighing those fish is just crazy! I would never question the abilities or fairness of the Marshalls - but this thing looks so different from angler to angler. I get it - its windy but there has to be a better, more accurate way. It takes some of them mere seconds while others seem to take forever. I've noticed the scale bouncing all over the place... This is definitely NOT a professional nor fair way to weigh a fish- this system is so ripe for a simple but costly mistake.

2. Member
    Agree 100%. One of the weigh-ins I watched the emptying of the scales of water was very inconsistent, as in not every time.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    Agree 100%. One of the weigh-ins I watched the emptying of the scales of water was very inconsistent, as in not every time.

What are you referring to regarding emptying of scales of water for these type weigh ins?

Of course I hope nobody gets screwed out of the Classic or AOY/Re-qualifying points…but the selfish fan in me really loves the opportunity to see these guys fish Fork in non slot event. Most entertaining event of the year in my opinion.

5. Member
    I watched it off and on and remember two in particular where they zoomed in on the scale. Marshall called a weight and then the scale went 1oz heavier and then another opposite

6. Member
    I'd rather see a weigh in but the rules apply for this tournament so you have to roll with it. That being said I saw two occurrences that you wouldn't get away with during a weigh in. One guy filled the fish with water over the side of the boat before weighing it. The other was the judge calling the weight while the scale was still blinking. I may be mistaking but I think that fish earned someone a Toyota.

All in all it was a very exciting tournament to watch on line. No doubt in my mind best bass fishery on the planet. Livesay is a phenom at that lake.

I wish they'd just quit broadcasting these events so all the backyard referees could get some rest....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    this argument is void as long as the scales are tared out every time.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    I'd rather see a weigh in but the rules apply for this tournament so you have to roll with it. That being said I saw two occurrences that you wouldn't get away with during a weigh in. One guy filled the fish with water over the side of the boat before weighing it. The other was the judge calling the weight while the scale was still blinking. I may be mistaking but I think that fish earned someone a Toyota.

All in all it was a very exciting tournament to watch on line. No doubt in my mind best bass fishery on the planet. Livesay is a phenom at that lake.

They don't give a Tundra any longer. Toyota only gave one away when it was TTBC.