Minn Kota ultrex problems

I have a new 112 ultrex. The first time I used it was last weekend. Not use to having spot lock, I had spot lock on and went to store it and when the prop hit my rub rail it snapped off the blades. Is there suppose to be a switch that when you lift it , it should shut off the unit. When I stoa it won't run . Thanks for any help

2. Member
    No, the Ultrex will run with it raised up. It sucks that you had happen what happened but if you’re really shallow or in some nasty grass it’s nice to be able to run the motor with the prop just skimming the surface while you hold it up by the pull handle
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Is there a trolling motor that will shut off even if you have it on spotlock or cruise control/constant on?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    You need to tap the foot button before picking it up.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassingaround63 View Post
    I have a new 112 ultrex. The first time I used it was last weekend. Not use to having spot lock, I had spot lock on and went to store it and when the prop hit my rub rail it snapped off the blades. Is there suppose to be a switch that when you lift it , it should shut off the unit. When I stoa it won't run . Thanks for any help
    I don't know why you would want to shut power off a troll motor the instant you raise the troll motor out the deploy position. The majority of the shallow water fishermen need the power to be on incase they get hung on a tree or a stump. Deep water fisherman then say why not if you fish deep.
    The Ultrex will disable the spot lock, and steering when stored. The GPS module will remain powered up along with the power indicator.
    I know of none of the troll motors that shut power off as soon as you pull it out the deployed position.
    I know nothing about Lowrance or Garmin.

6. Member
    Thank you for the Info.

7. Member
    I always put my troll speed to 0 when I raise the tm to prevent accidents. I learned the hard way too.