Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    And that's what I am getting at. run as fast as you want on the main river if you must. But in a creek? Not cool. And the reason I say on Tuesday at noon? Most times you are not fishing a tournament and running into and out of creek like this is nonsense, who you trying to beat to the spot? Nobody. you come around the turn doing 60-65 and there is a boat just around that turn what ya going to do?
    All depends on the size of the creek. If it’s a small creek that you may endanger the life of others or yourself, then no. If there’s plenty of room to run, then I run.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Moderator
    My hotfoot only has two positions...all the way up or all the way down.

3. Member
    I run wide open in the creeks on the Chick. My wide open is 35 mph though. Lol

4. Member
    Maybe it's a Bullet/Allison meeting?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeeDotGee View Post
    I run wide open in the creeks on the Chick. My wide open is 35 mph though. Lol
    I have seen in Discunds man, guys running 55-60 ,,,yoy know that ain't safe.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

6. Member
    I LOVE going fast, but only when it's safe to do so

fugit.....hammer down, enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2005 2200 Gambler 2005 Merc 250 Racing XS

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    It's no different than what you see on our streets and highways with individuals that continually exceed the speed limits who also drive recklessly always in a big hurry but probably can't give you one good reason why they need to drive that way.

There is a Big Cross Section of Bass Boat Drivers that have the same sense of entitlement that you see in Automobile Drivers to do when operating their respective machines at high speeds on a public body of water or roadway who ignore common sense have absolutely no concern for the safety of others.

I'm betting they do it because they know it pisses you off there is no other logical reason
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

10. Member
    I paid good money for a 250 and I am going to show everyone what it's got

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    It's no different than what you see on our streets and highways with individuals that continually exceed the speed limits who also drive recklessly always in a big hurry but probably can't give you one good reason why they need to drive that way.

There is a Big Cross Section of Bass Boat Drivers that have the same sense of entitlement that you see in Automobile Drivers to do when operating their respective machines at high speeds on a public body of water or roadway who ignore common sense have absolutely no concern for the safety of others.
    Got to agree!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I have been really noticing for the past oh maybe 5-6 years or more these guys running balls to the wall on the river here on a Tuesday at high noon. No tournament, no storm approaching and yet they running like it is 2 mins til weigh in at the bassmaster classic and they got a sack..I mean damn, what's wrong just easing along at 45 mph, why they got to run WOT in the creek just to fun fish on a Tuesday mid day?? Am I the only that sees this or am i just becoming my grandfather??
    But you are trying to determine how to make your boat go faster?

I admit it, driving a bass boat fast is exhilarating. But there is a time and place for everything and location for going fast should be wide open spaces.

The skill level for driving a boat 65+ is acquired, normally with seat time.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

13. Member
    Just practicing for tournament day. "If you aint first your last

When fishing sucks at least driving my boat is fun

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    My guess is because they can.
    Bingo
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

I have no problem with guys going fast. Just do it safely.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    But you are trying to determine how to make your boat go faster?

I admit it, driving a bass boat fast is exhilarating. But there is a time and place for everything and location for going fast should be wide open spaces.

The skill level for driving a boat 65+ is acquired, normally with seat time.
    No, not really.. Just trying make sure my engine is set up right on my boat and it is performing like it should, be it 60 or 80 mph wot..I am not saying I am against going fast? I never said that. I open mine up as well, just not in an unsafe manner. Again, I think people are either not reading my entire post or assuming I have something against speed.. I do not. I asked why am I seeing so many people running balls to the wall from place to place and more so in the creeks on this river? Maybe I am the odd ball here, but 30 years on the water, owning boats, me nor anyone that I personally know on this river runs balls to the wall just out fun fishing. Yes, open it up from time to time is good for it, but I am talking about the johnny come latelys out here that are top speed every where they go every day. I said it was and is dangerous to do that in that in the creeks. I did specifically ask that.
    Last edited by VA Bass; 05-22-2022 at 09:11 AM.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

18. Member
    It comes down to common sense, and sadly it's lacking in a lot of people in todays world.

19. Member
    I guess I am different. I do not run my boat hard when i am out just fishing, and I don't run it all that hard in tournaments either. and nobody that I know personally does. But I am seeing lot more of it from people I do not know...this is a dangerous river to run. it is tidal, things wash up on these flats out in front of the creeks daily. just be careful... If guys want to run that way that is ok, just slow down when you come in these narrow creeks.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

20. Member
    Nothing better than learning to handle a go fast boat and surviving to tell about it! Had two Allison boats and a Laser. All three way over powered now that I look back. All 3 were very fast. I have fond memories of all three. I don’t have the instincts and reactions I once had. Now I am down to a boat that only runs 74.3 mph. It seems fast enough for me now. I still get it! I started drag racing at 15 years old. Grudge racing. If it runs in your blood , well, it just does.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast