Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Why the "bat out of hell" crap?

I have been really noticing for the past oh maybe 5-6 years or more these guys running balls to the wall on the river here on a Tuesday at high noon. No tournament, no storm approaching and yet they running like it is 2 mins til weigh in at the bassmaster classic and they got a sack..I mean damn, what's wrong just easing along at 45 mph, why they got to run WOT in the creek just to fun fish on a Tuesday mid day?? Am I the only that sees this or am i just becoming my grandfather??
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Ego
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    I am there with you. I fish a winding river - 35/40 is about what I run. It is scary thinking you are going to meet some idiot running 60 around the bend.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I have been really noticing for the past oh maybe 5-6 years or more these guys running balls to the wall on the river here on a Tuesday at high noon. No tournament, no storm approaching and yet they running like it is 2 mins til weigh in at the bassmaster classic and they got a sack..I mean damn, what's wrong just easing along at 45 mph, why they got to run WOT in the creek just to fun fish on a Tuesday mid day?? Am I the only that sees this or am i just becoming my grandfather??
    Why would you buy a corvette and drive it 45? When I’m sucking at fishing (more often than not), I like to go drive and have fun!

5. Member
    I get it. My fishing buddy decided to buy a new Ranger a couple of years ago. I bought his garage kept one owner 2006 Stratos with a 250 HP Yamaha HPDI. I would never buy a used HPDI from anyone other then him, I had the dealer run an hours and RPM check on it. It had 600 hours and 570 of them were at 4500 RPM or less. He drives his Ranger the same way. He doesn’t tournament fish period. He just doesn’t like to go over 50, When you think about it most of us don’t drive our truck wide open throttle.

I like fast boats and fishing.... I can do both on the same day. Both bring me joy!

Something wrong with that? And I'm 10 years older than you.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Ego

Probably the least likely reason.

8. Member
    My guess is because they can.

9. Member
    As long as it's being done safely, I don't really see an issue. If it's not safe then yes, it is a problem. I'm not one to run my boat WOT, and I don't know that I would want to afford it with current gas prices.

I was on Lake St. Clair last weekend and there was a guy in a 40+ foot racing boat going full throttle across Anchor Bay for two hours. He was easily going over 100mph. He was doing it safely, so it was cool to watch. I don't even want to think about how much money he burned that day.

10. Member
    I like running around at 40-45. My boat only goes 55 though lol.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

11. Member
    I’ll cruise 40-50 but I will stretch her legs for a short run at least once during a trip.

12. Member
    I’ll admit, at times my throttle is an on / off switch. I’ll just be fun fishing heading between spots and not even realize I’m near max speed and burning extra gas for no reason. As long as they are being safe, who cares? At least they won’t throw a big wake being on pad.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Probably the least likely reason.
    Yea, I really don’t get comments like this.

if you have something better, bigger, faster, more expensive, etc than me you are overcompensating and have an ego

14. Member
    Wannabes

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Wannabes
    What do they wannabe?

When I bought my Skeeter , in 08. The Yamaha rep told me, Shift into gear like you mean it & Drive it like you stole it. Well I listen to half his advice. I do the shift part as he said, but I drive ' As if it was mine'. Open it up couple time a year. Rest of the time, it's running around 4500.
    But I've never tried to pass everyone on the highway either.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Wannabes
    What do they wannabe? The driver of a fast boat? Mission accomplished I’d say.

18. Member
    Lol
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

19. Member
    Why do folks floor it down a lonely stretch of highway? You can’t stretch out your engine on most lakes on the weekend.

Before too long, you’ll be telling people to get off of your lawn!

20. Member
    Let er eat baby!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast