Ultrex missing a piece?

Please see photo below. Out fishing yesterday and I noticed the exposed wiring. Did a cover pop off or something? I have nothing to compare it to and I’m not really seeing anything on the parts diagram when I look.
    76C354E3-2D5F-4508-82FC-6E526A04D7D0.jpeg

2. Member
    No, the wire cover just pulled out. You can push it back in or put it back in.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z21PRO View Post
    Please see photo below. Out fishing yesterday and I noticed the exposed wiring. Did a cover pop off or something? I have nothing to compare it to and I’m not really seeing anything on the parts diagram when I look.
    76C354E3-2D5F-4508-82FC-6E526A04D7D0.jpeg
    Looks like the grommet just needs put back down in the hole. Push the grommet back down into the hole until that first groove up from where the wires go into the grommet seets the entire way around.
    Last edited by deep-v; 05-26-2022 at 07:40 AM.

There is a piece missing. It's a known problem with Ultrex. They have corrected it with later models. If you put too much tension on power cables when retracting the Ultrex when storing, the Mickey Mouse plastic piece pops out and forever gone in the lake.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    There is a piece missing. It's a known problem with Ultrex. They have corrected it with later models. If you put too much tension on power cables when retracting the Ultrex when storing, the Mickey Mouse plastic piece pops out and forever gone in the lake.
    That's on the plastic top housing. His is on the steering module connection.

Z21, follow deep-v's directions.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    That's on the plastic top housing. His is on the steering module connection.

Z21, follow deep-v's directions.
    Thats correct.

7. Member
    Check this video out. It’s pretty hard to push the grommet back in without taking it apart.

8. Member
    Thanks everyone for the help. 5 minutes and a screwdriver, I got it back into place.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z21PRO View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. 5 minutes and a screwdriver, I got it back into place.
    Glad you got it back together. Doesn't take much for them to come out, or be put back in.