Lvs32 on 2.58 not impressed

Finally bit the bullet and upgraded my livescope and 8612 to the latest software. I have to say im not impressed. Usually im not to picky about these software updates but something just seems off with this one.

The best way I can describe it is is seems more “true” to scale. As in my jig shows really tiny unless I have the range pulled in really short.

With that said I have a lvs34 on order If it ever gets here. Hoping I will like that combination better.

2. Member
    What range do you usually use for fishing?
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

3. Member
    Typically 60ft for scouting and then I pull it in from there if I see some fish I am after.

Im only basing these observations off one trip and the water has changed quite a bit since last time I was out but just seems different.

I definitely like the update with the 34 system and think you will too. It was much easier to see my bait on the 34. My 32 did not have this update and it was more difficult for me to see baits.
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

5. Member
    I scan at 45-60 ft, and I pull my 32 in to 25-30 ft and sometimes even closer once I get on the cover or whatever I fishing and see even the smaller jigs and other baits fine. However, since the last update, it seems that structures are not as crisp, but I am sure with some fine tuning my next time out it will be better.
    I can't afford to just toss money on a 34 and even if I could, the 32 is just fine for me and I would rather toss some greenbacks into my truck or other boat items

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Finally bit the bullet and upgraded my livescope and 8612 to the latest software. I have to say im not impressed. Usually im not to picky about these software updates but something just seems off with this one.

The best way I can describe it is is seems more “true” to scale. As in my jig shows really tiny unless I have the range pulled in really short.

With that said I have a lvs34 on order If it ever gets here. Hoping I will like that combination better.
    Did you restore defaults after updating? I never knew to when i when to the
    19.20 & 2.57 but when asking Garmin about it was told to do it & check it out. I"ve been very pleased with mine after doing it.

7. Member
    I did try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    19.20 & 2.57 but when asking Garmin about it was told to do it & check it out. I"ve been very pleased with mine after doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Silly question, default the livescope / sonar or the graph itself? I have not done any restore defaults. Finally have the screens the way I like them