Off limit marinas on Cayuga

Greg Hackney was DQ'd one day in a bassmaster tournament on Cayuga a few years ago. According to bassmaster there are 11 man made marinas that are off limits to fishing. Does anyone know if this is true? If so which marinas?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Yes and I don't recall. Usually, state wide, marinas that are dug out and jetty'd by the owners, in other words "not" a natural
    formation like a little bay are off limits. B.A.S.S. doesn't allow it unless they've changed, and I don't know if its just a New York State thing or if other states do it..
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

3. Member
    I have fished privately dug out inlets for years in NYS, Chautauqua Lake mostly and as long as you do not tie up to their docks or anchor there is nothing they can do. Several times the home owners call the DEC and complain. The DEC officer comes out talks to you to make sure your not anchored or tied up and leaves. However I am not fish any tournaments at the time. I just posting the laws in NYS for you information purposes.

I ask because I pulled into one marina, which I will not mention, and I had quite a few marina employees head shaking, pointing and an overall negative look on their faces while I was fishing. Then one guy, while pulling a boat in asked if we could fish somewhere else. I asked if it was illegal, he replied "no, but I'd prefer if you fished elsewhere because every year someone gets a hook in their hand from a snagged lure". I could have stayed, because I was catching fish. But I figured I'd be a nice guy and left.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    if it was dug out and not natural there off limits and you can be told you cant fish there There are many on Cayuga wouldnt doubt theres 11. Private land that was dug out is private doesnt matter if the water flows in there. if your not in a tournament more often then not you can try but if told to leave prob should I would not chance it in any tournament however. Most of the off limit marinas theres an easy 20 lb bag in However it would be cheating. Nobody likes cheaters

The marina that Hackney got penalized for fishing was the Cornell Sailing Center at the South end of the lake along Route 34. I know you'll get the stink eye pretty hard if you try to fish in there.

Two others that come to mind are the Lansing Harbor, and the Myers Point Marina that are right next to each other.

7. Member
    This has come up before, marinas that have been dug out are illegal to fish in NY. People have been dq'ed on oneida for it too. Obviously people fish them and theres the grey area because how do I know which ones are man made or even altered legally. Most are posted and they're within their right to do so.