BLINKING DISPLAYS ON MOTOR STARTUP QUESTION

I have a common problem that i see lots of different possible solutions, not sure what way to go.
    Have yamaha 250 with a dedicated interstate size 31 for cranking.I believe my Talon also directly connected to this battery.
    my dock A/C charger is a NOCO 10 amps per bank.lights are always green after period of time charging .
    For hds displays(2 Carbons) I have a interstate group 31.
    Both batteries are connected into a Blue Seas ACR relay model 7610.
    when cranking battery reaches a certain voltage threshold during charging, the ACR relay closes, and sends charge to the electronics battery.This is noted by a Green Led that lights up on ACR.

But after i stop for a while to fish, then go to take off, cranking engine will often, not always cause a voltage drop i guess causing hds displays to momentarily blink,overlay voltage displays around 10.1-10.2 volts.
    once i start running motor after cranking battery reaches voltage threshold,Led comes on to charge electronics batt.

I have load tested my electronics battery, always show good voltage, and doesnt lose volts with time, load tester gets hot.
    have not messed with Lithium batteries, reading a lot about these, wondering if a good lithium may be better alternative for my electronics battery.if i go lithium, would the blue seas ACR work just as well?
    Thanks for any advice
    john

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Likely inadequate wiring or bad connections in the power wires feeding the electronics.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I agree with John. Wiring issue. Size or loose connections.

4. Member
    thanks for replies guys.
    i will go back and check my wiring from switch to fuse block, then from fuse block to red positive,also ground wires .
    i know i have continuity,but wondering best way to change wiring, larger gauge to each?
    should be very low resistance to all wires i guess, the switch to fuse block and fuse block to power are only a few inches to each.
    Anyone know what amount of momentary voltage drop one should expect from a fully charged cranking battery?
    john
    Last edited by johnwater; 05-24-2022 at 08:11 AM. Reason: add info