Old DFI oil? Problem?

I just put a "new" jug of DFI oil in my remote oil fill and although I normally don't even think of looking at it the way the jug was turned by eye just happened to see the date of 2014 on the sticker. When I started filling the tank the oil flowed like normal and since my garage isn't incredibly well lit I didn't notice anything unusual. At the end when the last drops are draining I just had the jug propped up against the engine compartment lid so that all of it was draining into the remote fill while I did something else. Do you think oil this oil could turn into a problem? And if so what would it be? Just plugging up the intake screen and causing my engine mounted tank to use oil and send off a warning?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    That 2014 is just the copyright date for the label and doesn’t insinuate a manufacture date. I wouldn’t be concerned at all.

3. Member
    ^^^^+1^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    ^^^^^^^^^+2 shake t up good and run it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    The actual date is on the jug it's done with a laser, try to always buy the newest oil.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I write the date on the jug cause I usually keep 5 or so gallons on the shelf.

7. Member
    Where do you see the date? I've looked and can't find it or maybe I don't know what I'm looking at. I usually buy in bulk since I go through at least a gallon a month or more. But this time I had a couple jugs I when I couldn't get to my usual bulk supply

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Bulk won't have it, Retail packaged usually DOES. May even be printed on the BOTTOM of the container sometimes.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor