Ghost not fully deploying.

My ghost is about 6 weeks old and the only issue I have with it is that every time I deploy the motor i have to push it down with my foot to get it far enough down for the bracket to lock. It stops anywhere from 16-18" to a couple of inches above level with the bracket for full deployment. Called Lowrance about 3 weeks ago to discuss this and a nice young man said it sounded like the gas spring was too strong. He said some are too strong and others too weak. Said they would ship me a weaker spring around the middle of May as they were presently out of stock. The dealer I purchased it from said to be sure to "cross tighten" the mounting bolts to avoid this problem. I did this and still have to step on the motor to get it flat on the deck. Anyone else having this problem and any solutions. Otherwise this is the greatest addition to my boat ever.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

2. Member
    Mine does it too. I haven’t called as I don’t mind it much.

3. Member
    Had the same problem and Lowrance replaced the hydraulic shock under warranty

4. Member
    Same with mine. I just step on it.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    I see that is a problem others are having as well. Just seems that for 3grand it should work as designed. Waiting on new gas spring to see if it solves the issue. I see on live streams of the "pros" that none of them step on theirs.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

I have the same problem and I just step on mine.

7. Member
    Mine will deploy ok but stowing it can be dicey as it won't release most of the time.

8. Member
    The major issue I see is not a design flaw but installation issues. How many of us actually took out a level and made sure the mount was level in all directions? I know I didn’t. So I’ll live with stepping on it to fully deploy!

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    The major issue I see is not a design flaw but installation issues. How many of us actually took out a level and made sure the mount was level in all directions? I know I didn’t. So I’ll live with stepping on it to fully deploy!

NoCAL
    I just put a Ghost on my boat Friday. I can say, the mount is very rigid and tight...moreso than the other brands. I mounted mine on a wedge that provides a perfectly flat surface, and it works fine. I can see any boat that does not have a perfectly flat mounting surface possibly having a binding issue. My Bullet, without the wedge, was a real PITA to get a trolling motor mount to sit correctly.

10. Member
    just put one on my 2016 21 RDC Bullet, works great, and yes I got it as level as I could