Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    16 years on my Toro, mow an acre per week and have replaced the mower belt. No problems at all
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

2021 Phoenix 21PHX

3. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Why did you not do a simple google/forum search?

7000 previous recommendations on the same repetitive thread are available on this site alone.

We are somewhat limited in our choices of manufacturer in Canada, but using the simple logic of the best built available and parts/serviceable nearby, I chose a Husqvarna MZ 54. It runs good/cuts nice/and bulls through chit like a mo-fo.

Cheers!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

4. Member
    For the money a Hustler is hard to beat, especially with the Kawasaki engine. You can get it with a Kolher engine but why would you for the same money.

5. Member
    The posters who say run the engine WFO are right about the blade speed. Another thing , running the engine WFO keeps the air flowing to cool the engine.

6. Member
    Badboy Rebel 61", have 3 in the family. Mine has a Kohler by choice, one my brother's has a vanguard, I can't remember the other. All have been flawless. Look at some independent reviews. I bought Kohler intentionally. They are made in Mississippi and owned USA. Kawasaki is assembled in OK or Kansas, I don't remember. I figured in the long all parts availability may be easier on the Kohler. For most people its preference as they buy on "word of mouth". They're are several excellent one on the market.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

I bought a Gravely ZTR 3 seasons ago and really like it. So far no problems.

8. Member
    My Hustler has been great going on 6 years now. It has not had an easy life mowing what I mow either.

9. Member
    I just bought a Gravely ZT HD 60 3 weeks ago. So far it has been great. It is pretty much an entry level commercial mower without the for around 6k. The only thing I am thinking about doing is buying a suspension seat base for it as my yard, old cow pasture, is rougher than a cobbs arse.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    The posters who say run the engine WFO are right about the blade speed. Another thing , running the engine WFO keeps the air flowing to cool the engine.
    It's not just for blade speed and engine cooling. It needs to be ran wide open to keep the hydraulics cool and operating at proper pressure.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    Why did you not do a simple google/forum search?

7000 previous recommendations on the same repetitive thread are available on this site alone.

We are somewhat limited in our choices of manufacturer in Canada, but using the simple logic of the best built available and parts/serviceable nearby, I chose a Husqvarna MZ 54. It runs good/cuts nice/and bulls through chit like a mo-fo.

Cheers!
    Why come in here and read it or comment on it if it bothers you????

12. Member
    Bad Boy Rouge got the Kawasaki motor on it, with about 30 hours on it now, not a single problem. My favorite part about it is everything you maybe need yo replace is very easy to get to. I now 3 acres once a week with it. Next one I would look at would be the Spartans

13. Member
    I just ordered a 72" Bad Boy Rogue w/ the Kawasaki. Apparently the Renegade or the Vanguard in general is unobtanium this year.

I know everyone talks down about them here but, I bought a home owner/light commercial Cub Cadet Enforcer in 2010 and other than replacing belts an a few pulleys it has been a solid mower. I would buy it again. Not talking about the version you can buy at a big box store either. I'm taking about the one you have to buy from a dealer. It was a economical choice because the mowers most people are going to recommend here are gonna be 6k. That wasnt in my budget. Good luck with you choice.

15. Member
    10+ years on my Kubota...no complaints ither than i have had to replace the starter selonoid twice
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

16. Banned
    My Husqvarna with Kawasaki engine has been bulletproof for 6 years now. 270 hours on it and finally replaced the blades a month ago. Getting ready to do tires as 2 of them leak and I never did like the turf tires on it. Going to put some ATV tires on the rear for better traction.

17. Member
    Love my walker mower!! It is an 06 model and still going strong. Made in Fort Collins, Colorado.

18. Member
    I dont mind posting. TORO.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Hustler,,, 12 years old,, 1 idler pulley last year
    +1
    Dave

For flat land the ZT model Bad Boys are by far the best bang for your buck IMO. I did a lot of looking when I was in the market and went with a 54” ZT Avenger Bad Boy and I have no regrets.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast