Thread: Power poles

Power poles

Can't afford 2 poles at the moment, they say 1 power pole will make boat spin, if the wind is blowing from behind pole being down, I understand it's a pivot point, but, the front can only move left or right, correct? How much does it move according to wind, school me please, I have van ultrex also,

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    depending on wind can spin you 180. so pole down bow into wind can rotate you so stern into wind..

3. Member
    If you power pole down with the wind coming from behind you, you won't spin. If you power pole down facing any other direction in relation to the wind, the wind will push you until your back is facing the wind.

4. Member
    Lived with one power pole for a couple seasons..........get the 2nd as soon as you are able.

5. Member
    One pole is easily workable once you get used to the effects. You will spin down wind or down current but not straight down,you will end up sitting at about a 45* angle down stream. Once you understand the angles you can figure where to pole down to be where you want. I ran one pole on two boats for several years,it’s not too hard to figure.

6. Member
    I only have one pole. Two would be better but I have a storage location issue that only allows room for one pole. I have learned to adjust with the one pole. I also have anchor lock on the TM so I have no issues.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Lived with one power pole for a couple seasons..........get the 2nd as soon as you are able.
    x2
    2005 Z21 Comanche Yamaha VMax 250HPDI

8. Member
    Your boat becomes and windsock.

I only made it 3 weeks with one pole. As others have mentioned get the 2nd as soon as you can. I made it a priority over any other upgrades. Now that I have it, I can find more stuff to spend boat money on, like another 12" lol...