Thread: Pleasant Lake

Pleasant Lake

My son had the day off yesterday, so we headed to Northwood around 3:00. That ramp is closed - a crew was busy prepping for paving it (sign says they would start on the 26th and be done by the 29th, so who knows?). We were wheels-wet 4:30 at Pleasant, temp was 61 but we scanned for spawning activity anyway - found a few fresh beds, but no inhabitants so we threw Rk55 CBs at/around two reefs. Only three bites, but I managed two 4+ LM (one appeared spawned out: slack belly and ripped up tailfin - should have been a 5), and a 3+ smallmouth. I would have love to have pursued that pattern for a few more hours, but he had to be at work early in the AM.

Thanks for the heads up on northwood.
    That's a couple nice fish for sure
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    UPDATE:
    Made it up to Pleasant today. Only a few other boats on the lake. Water temp was 70 +-. Best day of fishing I've had in quite a few years, and I mentally needed it. Ended up over 50 fish for the day. Only 3 fish under 12". Caught 2 largies over 4lbs and a 4.12 smallie. Most fish were 2+ lb smallies. Did see one donkey largemouth probably over 6, caught the male. Went back 2 more times, caught the male 2 more times... finally gave up.

4. Member
    Way to go. Probably ought to pin a medal on that buck basses' chest

Nice job, sounds like a great day !!
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax