Thread: Unbelievable

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old4runner View Post
    We give inanimate objects gender identity so who cares and why. It is speaking a word not taking a beating. I just don't get the big hang-up beyond the fact we are an extremely homophobic society.
    Ironically, the majority of homosexuals are not on board with the new insanity. Why would you obfuscate gender identity with homophobia?

2. Member
    We have 14 year old kids bringing guns to school.... this is way down on any list unless you have some personal issue with it.

I was married to a middle school teacher and this is more of an issue with the adults than the kids yet we drag them into it. Leveraging our kids for a political fight is broken and that is what is happening.
    Kids are young and impressionable or “young and dumb” if you have the skin for it. There is a reason parents are legally responsible for their children and their actions. It is why parental consent is a thing for almost everything else.

3. Member
    Well there ya go.

4. Member
    Reminds me of this

It's not what you can take with you,

It's what you leave behind.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Kids are young and impressionable or “young and dumb” if you have the skin for it. There is a reason parents are legally responsible for their children and their actions. It is why parental consent is a thing for almost everything else.
    So people can teach thier children thier beliefs at home but also to teach them to respect others, this is not the only place that attribute will benefit them in life and may be one (of many) reasons we have such disrespectful children. As much as I hate the saying it is a great early teachable moment. We are making more out of this than needed and honestly dealing with it in this fashion will better prep them for things they will face in the workplace and not end up fired because of some word they don't like saying. Just seems ignorant all the way around and making something out of nothing for political leverage.

If we as parents do not have the most influence over the development of our kids then WE are doing something wrong.

6. Member
    Wow, she has found some really good ky weed. And to think this is the future of america.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Pretty simple goals with these people…destroy the nuclear family. Quick look at history will tell you that’s one of the first pillars to go.
    If Putin goes nuts, there’ll be no shortage of nuclear families…

8. Member
    We have 14 year old kids bringing guns to school.... this is way down on any list unless you have some personal issue with it.

I was married to a middle school teacher and this is more of an issue with the adults than the kids yet we drag them into it. Leveraging our kids for a political fight is broken and that is what is happening.
    14 year old kids been taking guns to school for a while…along with 15-18 year olds. Something has changed in the past 15-20 years

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    14 year old kids been taking guns to school for a while…along with 15-18 year olds. Something has changed in the past 15-20 years
    Truth be told there’s fewer guns going to school now that what there was in the past. It was nothing to take a shotgun to school and then go hunting after, now you don’t dare for fear of expulsion.

now I understand that this was more of a rural thing than an urban one but it happen at both.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    If Putin goes nuts, there’ll be no shortage of nuclear families…
    Their generals have refused that order in the past and hopefully would in the future.

11. Member
    Crazy

12. Member
    So people can teach thier children thier beliefs at home but also to teach them to respect others, this is not the only place that attribute will benefit them in life and may be one (of many) reasons we have such disrespectful children. As much as I hate the saying it is a great early teachable moment. We are making more out of this than needed and honestly dealing with it in this fashion will better prep them for things they will face in the workplace and not end up fired because of some word they don't like saying. Just seems ignorant all the way around and making something out of nothing for political leverage.

If we as parents do not have the most influence over the development of our kids then WE are doing something wrong.
    Wow. You are one of them.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Because these recruiters/groomers are now forcing others to teach incorrect grammar. In case you don't remember, 'They' is PLURAL, him is singular.

'They' cannot procreate among themselves so they must recruit.
    I agree that it is ridiculous, but I think the whole grammar thing is a cop out. Unless you are ok with a he being called a she, and the grammar thing is what truly bugs you, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that is not the true reason it bothers you. Then when these weak arguments start popping up, I feel like it puts our whole stance in question.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345