Thread: Authority

Authority

About once a week or so I pray to bind up and cast out evil from my life and protection for all people in my life and all he has given me, In Jesus name. It seems that the more I believe this at the time (faith), the greater since of relief I feel. I think we may sometimes give in a little to the bad side without realizing just by living in today's world. Like a slow conditioning over a lifetime in society that need to be rebuked on a regular basis. I don't but have a friend couple that pray for their vehicle before they travel. Do you guys do anything to deal with such things?
    I ran across this video and found it interesting.

2. Member
    Assuredly, I say to you,whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

This topic has always confused me. When reading matthew 16:18-19, Jesus is specifically talking to Simon Peter. In matt 18:18, Jesus makes the same statement on it's own after discussing a sinning brother. He adds Again[d]I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask,it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.20For where two or three are gatheredtogether in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

How many times have two people agreed on something we deemed extremely important and it didn't happen? That tells me I don't understand what He was saying.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Mram

You are right that it does seem confusing, since each sentence deal with a specific condition Christ is talking about. Personally, I prefer to read the entire chapter, which sometimes it seems to help me understand our Lord's intent.
    However, when all else fails me, I spend more time in prayer, and in God's perfect time, I will receive the correct guidance.

4. Member
    Numerous times thru life, I've prayed with others for specific healing, breakthroughs, etc. many times the prayer wasn't answered. Kinda led me back to Jesus' teaching the disciples how to pray... "Your will be done". If you guys have it figured out, let me know

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Numerous times thru life, I've prayed with others for specific healing, breakthroughs, etc. many times the prayer wasn't answered. Kinda led me back to Jesus' teaching the disciples how to pray... "Your will be done". If you guys have it figured out, let me know
    Perhaps, the book of James can help with some of your questions, and many times I have prayed about a particular thing or situation, many months passed before anything did happen. It always made me wonder whether God was looking at my perseverance or at times lack there of.

My dear brethren, keep praying and all things will come to fruition, in God's will and time. Amen

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Perhaps, the book of James can help with some of your questions, and many times I have prayed about a particular thing or situation, many months passed before anything did happen. It always made me wonder whether God was looking at my perseverance or at times lack there of.

My dear brethren, keep praying and all things will come to fruition, in God's will and time. Amen
    Not so much questions, just personal experience of praying with other believers and nothing happening. Jesus told us how to pray (God's will), so I'll happily ask for that :) btw, read James again. Any specific passages you are pointing out?

7. Member
    Not so much questions, just personal experience of praying with other believers and nothing happening. Jesus told us how to pray (God's will), so I'll happily ask for that :) btw, read James again. Any specific passages you are pointing out?
    I strongly believe the entire James is a great book when pertaining to praying and works being an integral part of our faith in Christ.

8. Member
    I strongly believe the entire James is a great book when pertaining to praying and works being an integral part of our faith in Christ.
    To clarify, I was saying I read James again and was looking for any passages you were focusing on regarding prayers being answered.

9. Member
    To clarify, I was saying I read James again and was looking for any passages you were focusing on regarding prayers being answered.
    Again, I believe that most of James deals with prayer and faith and works being an integral part.
    However, here is a closer focus if you think you need it:
    James 1:4-7, 17
    James 2: 14-26
    James 3: 12-18 (look at your life which could be reason why prayers not answered)
    James 4: 1-10
    James 5: 7-18

Since God is all knowing, He know whether or not we are ready and the timing is correct for His best plans for us to come to full fruition.
    Keep praying for whatever you believe that is a necessary blessing in your life in accordance to God's will for us.

Assuredly, I say to you,whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

The sacrament of Reconciliation....commonly called Penance.

One sin that will not be forgiven in heaven???????? Sin against the Holy Spirit.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

11. Member
    Back to the original topic, I am saying that the "name it and claim it" type thinking does not seem to be supported in scripture. Also, if two or more christians get together and pray for things, they are not guaranteed to happen. Just my observation from years of praying with many others for specific things.

Binding and loosing was given to Simon Peter, not to us and even Michael the arch angel said "the Lord rebuke thee" to satan. Do either of those examples give us power to rebuke, bind or loose? I have more questions than answers regarding God answering prayers, aside from Jesus saying to ask for God's Will.

12. Member
    Again, I believe that most of James deals with prayer and faith and works being an integral part.
    However, here is a closer focus if you think you need it:
    James 1:4-7, 17
    James 2: 14-26
    James 3: 12-18 (look at your life which could be reason why prayers not answered)
    James 4: 1-10
    James 5: 7-18

Since God is all knowing, He know whether or not we are ready and the timing is correct for His best plans for us to come to full fruition.
    Keep praying for whatever you believe that is a necessary blessing in your life in accordance to God's will for us.
    Which of those verses explains God answering prayers? They are obviously great verses on how we should live, but I'm not seeing any clarification on why God answers or does not answer prayers

13. Member
    mram,
    After having read those detailed verses, and the explanation I attached after James 3: 12-18 (look at your life which could be reason why prayers not answered), I have no further details for you, though I am perplex.

14. Member
    I am saying that the "name it and claim it" type thinking does not seem to be supported in scripture.
    I think the "name and claim it" thinking is an Ernest Angley televangelists type preacher scam.
    God will provide for His flock, but it does not mean a 3000 sf house on 5 acres, instead of your current 1350 in a subdivision; Nor that particular management position, which the individual may not even be remotely qualified possibly creating unrepairable hardship, and loss of employment.

15. Member
    I think the "name and claim it" thinking is an Ernest Angley televangelists type preacher scam.
    God will provide for His flock, but it does not mean a 3000 sf house on 5 acres, instead of your current 1350 in a subdivision; Nor that particular management position, which the individual may not even be remotely qualified possibly creating unrepairable hardship, and loss of employment.
    I definitely agree that we don't need a lot of fancy stuff :)