New to Livescope questions??

Is it common to only be able to see your bait out to like 45 or 50 with range set at 75? I used many settings and even large baits best I could view bait at was 50 ft.

Other question, regardless of settings I can't get the fuzz off the screen from say 45 feet out to 75 when I'm set on 75 ft range? Is this normal? Gin clear first 40 feet so I don't think it's an install issue

What setup are you running, 32 or 34?
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

Pollen in the water is playing havoc with depth finders in many areas.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsdaddy View Post
    What setup are you running, 32 or 34?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Pollen in the water is playing havoc with depth finders in many areas.
    I have only run it in NY so far this year and yes you are correct we have a lot of pollen right now. Would that cause all the fuzz out at 50 to 75 feet range?

6. Member
    Pollen will kill your image. I always have to turn my gain down a little when the pollen is bad. You should be able to see your lure out to 70-80 feet for sure when the water is decent quality. What Version update are you on and settings? Also how is your transducer mounted shaft or barrel? If shaft how high up on shaft from barrel? Here is a compare video I did a while ago. It will show you on three different updates I can see a lure 70-75 feet out. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1171257
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Pollen will kill your image. I always have to turn my gain down a little when the pollen is bad. You should be able to see your lure out to 70-80 feet for sure when the water is decent quality. What Version update are you on and settings? Also how is your transducer mounted shaft or barrel? If shaft how high up on shaft from barrel? Here is a compare video I did a while ago. It will show you on three different updates I can see a lure 70-75 feet out. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1171257
    Wow awesome video. I just installed my unit about a month ago don't remember exact software version but I did whatever is the most recent update on the Garmin site. My transducer is mounted on the port side of the shaft and orientation is set for port it is about 6 inches up the shaft. I just get so much fuzz out beyond 50 feet that no way could I detect a bait or a fish. I'm at 68 for gain most times and I have also used auto medium. I do have to say there probably is a lot of pollen in the water but I would not think that if it was pollen the first 50 feet would be clear. The way it is now I basically have a 50 foot or less tool and even 40 to 50ft is not 100% clear. However from 40 ft to the boat it is gin clear.

8. Member
    I have auto Ghost so I think that is the most recent up date, so I believe i have 2.57 or 2.58.

9. Member
    If you're on the new update try these range settings: forward range 80-100 feet or whatever you're trying to accomplish (I always have mine set to 90-100), Depth 2-4 feet deeper than you're fishing, Gain 67-70, Color gain 80-92, Noise reject low or medium (if you can get away with off that would be ideal), Ghost reject off, TVG off, Color limit 15-38. Also try different colors. One may work better for you. I like amber, blue, and emerald green.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    If you're on the new update try these range settings: forward range 80-100 feet or whatever you're trying to accomplish (I always have mine set to 90-100), Depth 2-4 feet deeper than you're fishing, Gain 67-70, Color gain 80-92, Noise reject low or medium (if you can get away with off that would be ideal), Ghost reject off, TVG off, Color limit 15-38. Also try different colors. One may work better for you. I like amber, blue, and emerald green.
    Thank you I will. Because i'm new to livescope, in your opinion would pollen be the reason for all the clutter out at over 50 ft? However clear 40 foot up to boat.

11. Member
    This is something easy to do. I don't understand why more don't try it. Tie some jigs 2 ft apart on a line and tie to a floating jug. Now get back away from it. Play with the settings to see how well they show up or don't show up. Its on your water, your conditions and you pick the size of the jigs. It will be an hour well spent. If you have a Force trolling motor you can also use your remote to rotate the shaft. Each click, left/right rotates 2 degrees.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    This is something easy to do. I don't understand why more don't try it. Tie some jigs 2 ft apart on a line and tie to a floating jug. Now get back away from it. Play with the settings to see how well they show up or don't show up. Its on your water, your conditions and you pick the size of the jigs. It will be an hour well spent. If you have a Force trolling motor you can also use your remote to rotate the shaft. Each click, left/right rotates 2 degrees.
    Wow great idea. I will try that for sure