Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    The national 55 mph speed limit was another epically stupid idea to come out of Washington. Bad government policies created the gas shortage in the 1970’s and the solution proposed by Washington was more bad government policy. That pattern has been repeated at least a million times since then.
    Yep..it might be bad government,but my mileage really goes up when I drive slower with my semis and personal vehicals.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    What is this pipeline that was shut down?
    They’re actively trying to shut Line 5 down, hopefully cooler heads prevail and the courts prevent them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Yep..it might be bad government,but my mileage really goes up when I drive slower with my semis and personal vehicals.
    And you as a consumer have the choice to do that.

4. Member
    The 55 mph speed limit was BRUTAL! The one thing none of us can do is buy time!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Creek View Post
    Inputs have effect on cost of production, but major issue with grass seed prices is a drought last year in Oregon and Washington, where the majority is grown. My preferred blend last fall didn't have any perennial rye for this reason.
    This is correct, remember that massive heat dome over the PNW last summer? That is where essentially all grass seed is grown and there's not much of it to go around this year. And btw, this year isn't looking much better for rainfall.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    No one ever said the Keystone pipeline was shut down, it's the Keystone XL pipeline that was stopped. It would have expanded oil intake.
    Nope, that oil continues to reach the market via train instead of the proposed pipeline that even when it was proposed still would not be operational today even if the state permits had been issued which they had not. If you want to see high grain prices just consider the possibility of an oil pipeline leaking over the Ogallala aquifer and contaminating the water used to irrigate grain crops from the Dakotas to Texas.

7. Member
    I’ve been buying E-15 when I’ve been in Iowa the past few weeks, still under $4/gallon and I see no difference in fuel economy compared to E-10.
    I hope that your vehicle was engineered to handle E-15, otherwise you can cause more problems that it's worth your saving. They been pushing this E-15 crap, but you need to realize that current vehicles can only handle E10 otherwise you fuel mapping will be wrong giving you the wrong F/A into your intake or DI.

BTW, if the crude from Alberta’s oil sands operations was getting through before the pipeline was ever thought of, how do you think it's getting through right know? Trucks and rail, therefore, the pipeline's purpose was to facilitate delivery and minimize expense to oil companies increasing their profits, which they are making plenty off of everyone right know.
    Hopefully, with the Canadian border now open, deliveries can improve, so the only caveat is the war caused by that lunatic, which is causing great loss to his own country and most of EU, which now are using most of our CNG, so hope this crap is over before winter comes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    The national 55 mph speed limit was another epically stupid idea to come out of Washington. Bad government policies created the gas shortage in the 1970’s and the solution proposed by Washington was more bad government policy. That pattern has been repeated at least a million times since then.
    Jeff
    You are right about being a stupid gov 'easy fix', especially with current vehicles that normally shift to the highest gear keeping the RPM lowest, hence, giving your as best fuel mileage you are going to get, whether you are doing 55mph at 1500rpm or 65mph at 1500rpm

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus17 View Post
    That what happens when the pipelines get shut down. Expect more of it.
    it's all about supply and demand. They supply how much they want too and demand how much they want too for it...…simple as that.....LOL

10. Member
    I’ve been buying E-15 when I’ve been in Iowa the past few weeks, still under $4/gallon and I see no difference in fuel economy compared to E-10.
    Regular 4.09-4.19 Around here, E85 2.62 Doing farm type driving(similar to city)12-14 E85. Regular 16-18.

“What the American public doesn’t know is what makes them the American public.”
    Tommy Boy movie quote that seems very appropriate for this thread. (And I’m not suggesting I know either)
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345