Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FB Market Place or Craigslist - Geez

Been a while since I have tried to sell something. Moving so I got some items to get rid of.

Selling a washer/dryer set and some furniture. Posted on both FB Marketplace and Craigslist. Nothing but scammers. It's a shame they got these two avenues to sell all jacked up.

Helping Hands charity is my next choice. Just come and get it. To heck with the few hundred bucks I may get, it's not worth the hassle.

2. Banned
    I hear ya...been trying to sell a few items and good lord these scum bags will come up with anything.

3. Member
    Ya I'm trying to sell mom's car and this guy wants me to text him this 6 digit code so he can call. I said my numbers there just call or forget it. I guess I don't know what those 6 numbers will get ya.

4. Member
    I found an ultrex i tried to buy on craigslist/chicago. We agreed on a price, I asked where to meet. He sent me a zipcode, in california, IDIOT!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big bucks 170 View Post
    I hear ya...been trying to sell a few items and good lord these scum bags will come up with anything.
    Here are the details around the 6 digit google code scam

https://www.wjcl.com/article/ask-asa...umers/38194841

6. Member
    Thanks for that info

7. Member
    How you word your ad is key in minimizing scammers.

8. Member
    When selling my boat via marketplace about 18 months ago I had two guys I swear were working together to get the price down. I can’t remember specifics but neither showed up.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

9. Member
    I asked a guy that had some rims for sale what they fit. He said, yes they are still available. I asked him again what they fit, he said since he got a new car he doesn't need them. I asked if they would fit a 2022 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud. Haven't heard back yet.

Sold three aluminum trailer rims with tires for 150 on FB marketplace. Two hours after posting had a guy ask me to hold, met him next morning got my 150. So my limited experience has been great.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

11. Member
    Is this still available?

12. Member
    May 6th, I posted a motorcycle for sale and in the ad I said I would not respond to is it available. This was on FB Market place, had a few ask what was the least I would take. I responded back, what is the most you will give. Never heard back except for one person that said they would have to see it. I don't negotiate except in person. One person asked 20 questions about maintenance and did not understand why I did them. Then wanted to meet a the police station in their town, not mine. Didn't hear back for a day or two, I contacted them but they were scared to meet me with the money. I said you don't have to bring money to look at it and they still felt uncomfortable. Checked them out on their FB page. One guy wants me to meet him, he has the cash, late Saturday afternoon. His FB page has nothing posted since August last year. Odd name, did a search an obituary showed up that is died in August. Turns out it is his Dad, his son has a criminal record. Just took down the add and will either keep it ot try selling my word of mouth. Sorry for being long winded, so many scammers, not worth the headache.

13. Member
    Or, will you take 1/10th of the amount that you posted?

14. Member
    This is terrible! I put something on FB market place and created an email account for it.I had seventeen emails the first day. All stupid stuff, except for one. This one gave me a phone number to call,saying that this isn't a scam. Yeah! Right! I called the police and they told me to definitely call the number.
    I called and the person that answered,said " thank you for calling the FBI,how may I help you?" I told her about the email and she asked what I was selling. I told her and she said that the FBI is monitoring the site and asking me to come to the office. I learned quite a bit about the many scams on FB,and Craigslist. I took my post down while at their office, I should say did it for me.
    It's a shame that a person can't be honest anymore!
    The email account I created hacked within four hours. I saw thousands of emails from scams and those were just from last week!
    I didn't give any personal information on the ad, except for the price.
    I have thought about selling a few other things, but after that,I'm not sure what I am going to do.
    My says that I'm a horder! I told her to get used to it! Ha! We don't have a dog house, yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by fxphil View Post
    Ya I'm trying to sell mom's car and this guy wants me to text him this 6 digit code so he can call. I said my numbers there just call or forget it. I guess I don't know what those 6 numbers will get ya.
    The 6 digit code is for him to controll your phone and hopefully your bank info
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

16. Member
    I have pretty good luck with Marketplace. Join your local selling groups and it helps put it in front of people in your area. When I get into a conversation with someone and before I give any personal info I check their page to weed out some of the scammers

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Marketplace
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

You see a boat for sale for $1200. It has no wildlife numbers on it. Then it tells you that it is owned by their aunt Clare and this is her email address and contact her direct. LOL they are just trying to get a valid email address to sale.

19. Member
    Actually had good luck with marketplace. Both buying and selling. Like others have said, write your ad carefully and stay in local buy/sell groups. You may not get as much reach, but it can still be a useful way to get rid of stuff for some cash.

I've also had good luck with market place, haven't sold anything big. Had some scammers a couple years ago, but haven't had any issues the past couple years. Craigslist on the other hand is a complete and total joke now. Nothing but adds and scammers on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast