Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm sorry to hear that. We have had cats for a long time and now having to put down one of the best cats we've had. She had seven kittens and as she was so young, she ended up having emergency surgery. The very next day she was taking care of her kittens as if nothing had happened. We gave four up to adoption. We lost one of her litter to cancer, and now she has lung cancer. This is going to be tough.

I feel your pain. You will be in my prayers.

3. Member
    Sorry for your loss.

Put 2 down in March 2 weeks apart. One was 16 and the other 19. Both indoors. The 19 would hear my truck at the top of the street and meet me at the door every time I left the house. I still look for him to be there. The 16 was born in my dad's barn. They were best friends and slept on our bed together in a heep. 16 had cancer and 19 died of old age 2 weeks later. After his girlfriend left he went downhill fast.

We still have 2 more indoor cats left. The 16 year old had a litter mate sister that is still here and then we have an 11 year old that's the boss of the house. He has his own chair at dinner every meal with me since the day we got him. He replaced a cat that was nearly identical to him who died young from crystal build up in his urethra. Totally clogged and was about to explode his bladder when my girlfriend had him put down while I was at a tournament. I never forgave myself for not going the extra mile for him to help him with the problem that we knew he had for 2 years. The 11 year old we have also has the condition but we have made accommodations for him and he is very healthy. The guilt I felt is why he gets a seat at the table. I'm not going to neglect him.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 05-19-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Sorry for your loss. The attachment can be great with some and sure does hurt. I know.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Sorry man.

7. Member
    So sorry to hear.

Anyone who has had to go through it, understands.

Prayers to you and yours!
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

8. Member
    Sorry to hear, I have one that is about 17 years old and is getting close to his last days.

9. Member
    I believe one day they will both sit on your lap again. At 70 years of age I have been through this many times and is always extremely painful as I loved all my cats and dogs as much as possible. What a wonderful reunion that will be when I see them once again as will you.
    520 L TDY

10. Banned
    It sucks!

11. Member
    We lost a cat we shared a home with for 15 years back in April. It's still difficult to think about now. My condolences.

Sorry for your loss………

13. Member
    Thanks again, it is done. Not our first time putting down pets, but never easy. My wife takes these things pretty hard, and I am right there with her.

Very sorry for your loss.

15. Member
    I am a dog person, but the loss of a 4 footed friend is hard times no matter the critter.
    Sorry for your loss.

One of our cats got sick and started having living failure earlier this year and we ended up having her put down. I was there with her as the vet administered the drugs and the lights went out. Losing pets sucks. I'll admit though that it wasn't nearly as hard as when our last dachshund passed. Lord that was a rough one........
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

17. Member
    Sorry to hear it friend… the fuzzy sons of guns have a way of worming into your heart and turning you into a cat person… when the last two of ours passed, I cried like a little girl. I was just mowing around Doodle’s grave today, and it brought a happy tear to my eye. They make a great life better! Condolences to you and your wife

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12