Thread: Power Pole

Power Pole

Its amazing in this day that a business can name their price and tell a customer take it or leave it. I am a Retired Army Soldier that still works for the Army, with a total of 39 years. I asked Power pole if they offered a military discount and they said NO. The customer service person said it was because the dealers were abusing the discount process. Sorry, but I asked Power Pole for the discount and they blame their inability to give the military discount on the dealers. That's a cop out. Unfortunately I won't buy their product. Power Poles are better that Minnkota Raptors, but I guess Raptors it'll be.

2. Member
    Did my time and I expect zero discount for doing the Job I signed up for. While it is nice when there is a opportunity to save a few bucks because I have proudly served it is never a prerequisite for receiving my business.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazeman View Post
    Its amazing in this day that a business can name their price and tell a customer take it or leave it. I am a Retired Army Soldier that still works for the Army, with a total of 39 years. I asked Power pole if they offered a military discount and they said NO. The customer service person said it was because the dealers were abusing the discount process. Sorry, but I asked Power Pole for the discount and they blame their inability to give the military discount on the dealers. That's a cop out. Unfortunately I won't buy their product. Power Poles are better that Minnkota Raptors, but I guess Raptors it'll be.
    To start power pole charges 100 more per pole if you go direct (They want you to use a dealer) . You will receive a cheaper price thru a dealer right off the bat. I would be happy to help you we are a military owned business. While w the new MRP policy Power Pole passed Feb 1st of this year I can not discount power pole products I would be happy to discount and even pass along a needed install item or accessory such as battery disconnect switch and cable, our silver bullet tip spikes or our bulkhead plates. we offer fast Free insured shipping on all orders (another huge money savings) as well as no sales tax. So all in we would be priced much better then them even with a good sized military discount.
    I can even throw in some K and K swag. Give me a call..it will be much better then going Raptor trust me. We value our veterans @K and K Kustomz. Thank you for your service
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 05-18-2022 at 07:03 PM.

4. Member
    I get it. But if your reason that you no longer offer a Military discounts is because of the dealers not following your guidelines as the product owner. Thats their lack of leadership. If you say no discount, own it and don’t point fingers, just sayin. I’m done ranting.

5. Member
    Sorry to hear that, but here’s why to go with them. I got my poles from Kk Kustomz and when I opened the box to install one pump had broken pieces in it. Called K&K, who referred me to Powerpole. I called them Thursday morning and they said they would send a brand new pump…within 5 minutes of talking to the rep., I received the tracking invoice. My pump came Sunday(Florida to Oklahoma). That’s great service and fast shipping. I’ve honestly never had such an easy process to get a replacement part on a defective item. Both K&K and Powerpole acted quick to help me get it going. I could not be happier, even though I’ve yet to hit the water with them.

6. Member
    Op. First off, thank you & any other military personell who read this for your service. In my opinion picking a product based on a discount is a poor decision. Do you, if you tournament fish choose, a tournament based on contingecies based on what boat/motor/electronics/tow vehicle you run ? The important thing is how you are treated by the dealers & the companies whose product you choose , especially when you need something repaired. I have dealt with people/companies who will do anything they can to help & unfortunatly some who just don't care because they already got my money. Power Pole has possibly the best customer service in the industry, Dual Pro/ Pro Charging systems has been up there also the few times I've needed them. Is it possible to have a bad experience with anyone ? YES ! At the end of the day does it really matter if you MAYBE pay a little more to go with someone who takes care of you when you need it verses someone who just wants your money & dosent really care after they get it ? I base my loyalties on that WAY more than if i get a discount when i buy something. Discounts are nice, contingincies are a bonus. Service is what you will remember long after you spent whatever discount you may have gotten on something else. Good luck with your decisions.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but here’s why to go with them. I got my poles from Kk Kustomz and when I opened the box to install one pump had broken pieces in it. Called K&K, who referred me to Powerpole. I called them Thursday morning and they said they would send a brand new pump…within 5 minutes of talking to the rep., I received the tracking invoice. My pump came Sunday(Florida to Oklahoma). That’s great service and fast shipping. I’ve honestly never had such an easy process to get a replacement part on a defective item. Both K&K and Powerpole acted quick to help me get it going. I could not be happier, even though I’ve yet to hit the water with them.

It is a shame some businesses don't offer a discount. 99% of the time I don't even think about a military discount. The bad part about it is a lot of stores only offer discounts to active, retired or national guards. Nothing for the ones that served and did their tours honorably. I have nothing against these businesses and shop with them, I have dual blades on my boat. Buy a lot of stuff through BPS, no discount to veterans, only active & retires, so I've been told. MY discount I use most is Lowes as I buy a lot of high value products for my house. Like I said, very seldom even bother with others. Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I served my time in hell and got out. 7 years and 2 tours in SE Asia made a believer out of me that this is not what I wanted to do for 20+ years. So don't worry about a discount with PP. They have a great product and their customer service is the best I seen in a long time. Just buy what you want and enjoy. Cheers

9. Member
    I may get flamed for this but so be it.
    I see more and more on people getting very upset about places not offering a military discount. It was supposed to be a nice gesture but it seems some demand a gesture and throw a fit if they don't get it.
    I paid for an older gentleman's meal one evening wearing a Vietnam hat. This was before it was the cool thing to do. I just saw him. Wondered what he may have been through. The things he may have seen. I thought about the freedoms I enjoyed. I decided to do it. I paid for his meal, and took off. I didn't want him to know it was me. That's not what it was about.
    I feel like this mindset would be like me waiting outside for him to come and thank me. Then getting mad if he didn't.
    I maybe completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeman View Post
    Thank you for your service ol' buddy. Personally I don't think ANYBODY owes me anything for my service, and I don't trade with companies because they offer a discount. I do know this: Power Pole is absolutely THE BEST! The customer service is frankly unbelievable! K and K Kustomz took care of me when I bought them, and the couple of times I've asked, Power Pole has gone out of its way to address my issues, all of which turned out to be my fault ... above and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by mysuzytoo View Post
    Thank you for your service ol' buddy. Personally I don't think ANYBODY owes me anything for my service, and I don't trade with companies because they offer a discount. I do know this: Power Pole is absolutely THE BEST! The customer service is frankly unbelievable! K and K Kustomz took care of me when I bought them, and the couple of times I've asked, Power Pole has gone out of its way to address my issues, all of which turned out to be my fault ... above and beyond!
    Absolutely, on all of it. I don't think I have ever asked for a discount, military or senior because of my service. Power Pole has been great to me also. Never charged me for any parts and never questioned why I needed it or whose fault. I guess through the years, I have received my discount many times.

Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Absolutely, on all of it. I don't think I have ever asked for a discount, military or senior because of my service. Power Pole has been great to me also. Never charged me for any parts and never questioned why I needed it or whose fault. I guess through the years, I have received my discount many times.
    My first order for a bunch of parts they caught, sent me an email saying they are canceling my order.

then later said they are sending the order next day air as a warranty claim. So that was my first impression. love me some pp !
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

13. Member
    I tried to order a spare set of poles, so I called and asked how to order them. They told me they are covered under warranty. I explained they were not damaged I just wanted spares. Nope would not take my payment and 2 days later a new set was at my door. Now that's service for yeah
    Risen From The Ashes!!