Course extension

I’m switching over to Garmin from Lowrance so I’m trying to learn a new operating system. My Lowrance units had an option of adding a “course extension” which helped look ahead on your map during long runs. I can’t find anything in my manual about that. Am I missing something?

I think you are referring to the Heading or Course Extension Line. Not sure what MFD you have, but these menu steps are from an Echomap Ultra.

Chart menu, Layers, My Vessel, Heading Line, then specify distance of the line and the source (Heading or Course over Ground).
    Garmin Pro Team

Todd, I might be wrong but I think he is speaking of expanded view of the map. Nothing behind the boat. It is a neat feature from Lowrance that I used a lot..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Agree with Donnie on this, that was one of the first things i looked for when i got my Ultras.

If the OP is talking about what Donnie mentioned, I do see where they put this feature on the GPS units (Vessel Look Ahead) in the January 2022 update but he never stated what units he is running.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Agree with Donnie on this, that was one of the first things i looked for when i got my Ultras.

If the OP is talking about what Donnie mentioned, I do see where they put this feature on the GPS units (Vessel Look Ahead) in the January 2022 update but he never stated what units he is running.
    Informative post, Jeremy

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

6. Member
    I apologize for not specifying which unit I have. I was asking about the 106 Ultra.

Todd-that sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I will try that later today.

Donnie-that is another feature I was looking for but haven’t found yet. From the previous replies it looks like that feature is only on the GPSMAP units or is it available on the 106 Ultra’s also?

Appreciate the responses!