Help Troubleshooting Ultrex Issues

I'll give this a try but I am only repeating what I was told by my brother who was using my boat Saturday for a high school tournament where he was serving as a boat captain. 2.5 y/o 36 volt 112 Ultrex just cut off. Locked down. Head spun around into a locked position and you could not turn it with the pedal. Lost pairing. Another boater close by spotted them having a issue and came over to help them. They helped him pair up the TM to the GPS unit but it wouldn't stay paired up. They cut off the independent breaker and pulled the power plug several times. No help. They got out the remote (never used), paired it up, and tried using it. Still locked up and wouldn't do anything. I tried to pair it up in the garage last night. Nothing. The GPS puck acts like it doesn't have any power to it. I pushed the go button on the TM and it doesn't do anything. Prop won't spin. I can't even rotate the head. Locked. When I turned on the remote the screen that comes up on the remote has a "Lock" option. Could that mean the TM is currently locked? I know this is a mess of a description made even worse because I wasn't actually there to witness it. Want to check as much as I can in hopes of not having to take it to a ASC. Thanks ahead of time for any help and suggestions.

Robert
    BassCatSC

Could be broken cable but most likely the board got fried

Next it is not a GPS puck it is a heading sensor ONLY and is used for the “Jog” feature only – the motor will still operate with that sensor/puck unpowered
    The GPS sensor is in the head of the motor

The Lock button on the remote is to lock the touch screen

When in the garage was the motor deployed? Reason I ask is the motor has a mercury switch that will not let the motor run unless deployed

With the motor deployed hit spotlock do you hear any beeps?
    Hit autopilot on the remote do you see the A light come on at the pedal?

I would call your local ASC and setup an appointment ASAP
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Broken cable you can still turn the head by hand and prop foot control should be able to be moved but the head won't spin.

Locked up totally, and prop not spinning I would venture a board got fried.

If locked up but prop still spins with pedal or remote steering box may have gone out.
    Fish have fins, they swim

4. Member
    There are manny things that happened here and I would say to bring to the ASC. It is still under warranty. Get proof of purchase baring you did not buy it from someone.

5. Member
    Thanks MichAngler and PJ_Rohlf. Got some things to check out. I went ahead and made an appointment at the closest service center. Glad I did. He can't get to it until the next Thursday the 26th.