Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Walked to the door.
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.

2. Member
    Nothing about Vexus is "affordable" imo. They make a premium fishing product. Even in their tin boats. You are paying for the extras here and there in every boat that they make. So even if they bring out an 18 or 19 footer, it will be priced accordingly and will probably be more than a Nitro z18 or Ranger z185. Phoenix and Basscat both make great 18 foot boats. I'd say a Vexus 19 footer would be priced along the lines of a Ranger z519 which is still a lot of money to most. I would like to see Vexus offer a 19 foot option, as that is as big as my garage will let me go. But I don't think it is coming anytime soon. They are focused on their current line and making the best boat they know how right now.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

3. Member
    rangerguy35 is correct. Nothing about these things is cheap. Sure you can purchased a stripped down base model, but are you going to be happy with it? I wont go into a long explanation here but I will say this. Boats are a big expenditure that you wont see a return on and they will continue to cost you more money for as long as you own them. Most that have owned boats will tell you boat stands for "break out another thousand," and its true. So unless you are on the pro tour there is only one other way to justify spending what ever amount the boat you are looking for costs and that is that it will add happiness to your life because it will enable you to get out and do what you love and are passionate about. So if you are going to spend the money on a boat you need to make absolute certain its going to be something you are happy with so dont cheap out and regret later when you are stuck with the thing. For the most part its also cheaper to add on accessories during the buying process because you you usually aren't charged for labor then.

Other thought when financing. Financing a recreational vehicle is different from financing a car in the way that the longer term financing options interest rates are actually lower. Also be aware that certain amounts of money financed is whats going to qualify you for the 10-12-15-20 year loans. Basically you aren't going to get a 15 year loan term financing a 30k rig. So if you are financing a base model boat for 42k at 8.5% for 12 years you might be spending 450 a month. If you finance a boat for 60k at 7.5 percent which qualifies you for a 15 year loan you payment might go up 30 or 40 bucks a month. Do you really want something you aren't happy with because you didn't want to spend the 30-40 bucks more a month? I most certainly wouldn't. I also understand that 10-20 year loan terms sound like a long time, but you are just keeping the minimum payment as low as you can. Doesn't mean you have to make that minimum payment each month. I pay triple the amount on my boat every month because that will have the boat paid off in 5 years rather than the 15 years its financed for, and there are no early payment penalties and at the same time if I needed to I can always fall back on that minimum payment. Just make sure there are no early repayment penalties on your loan and ask what the minimum time is you have to keep the loan. I know mine is at least 14 months. Some will have a minimum time and some wont.

To sum everything up just give it a good amount of consideration. Consider all the variables. Most people know what to consider when buying a car, but financing a boat is quite a bit different. Talk to the dealership and get some details on what those differences are. Of course dont buy what you cant afford, but also dont settle for what you wont be happy with.
    "Im ya huckleberry." Chasin bass and rippin lips is just my game.

4. Member
    It’s not smart but you’re absolutely wrong about not being able to get a 15 year loan on a 30k rig.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    It’s not smart but you’re absolutely wrong about not being able to get a 15 year loan on a 30k rig.
    Well maybe other dealserships and lenders are different but where i went 30k would qualify you for a 12 year loan max. I wont quibble over the details because im no financial expert. The point of the very long comment was educate yourself on the entire process, consider the variables closely, give plenty of thought to what you are wanting out of dont settle for something you wont be happy with for long.

6. Member
    Well i very well could be wrong, as i am sure every dealership and lender has their own set of criterea and limitation, but that wasnt really the point. The comment is meant to give a bit of context as to why something like a boat deserves a lot of thought and why you should not settle for something you wont be happy with

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diversity210 View Post
    Well maybe other dealserships and lenders are different but where i went 30k would qualify you for a 12 year loan max. I wont quibble over the details because im no financial expert. The point of the very long comment was educate yourself on the entire process, consider the variables closely, give plenty of thought to what you are wanting out of dont settle for something you wont be happy with for long.

I’ve bought more than one boat if you’re talking to me.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    I’ve bought more than one boat if you’re talking to me.
    My comment was not directed towards you. Im sure you are rolling in dough and have bought plenty of boats. I may have been wrong about the 15 year loan part and thats fine, and I dont mind admitting that. Heck its not like me and wrong are strangers haha. The point was missed entirely though. Maybe I should have wrote it differently so what I was trying to say could be more easily understood. You have a good day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12