Calcutta Country of Origin

Are the current Shimano Calcutta's made in Japan like the original ones? Thanks

2. Member
    The two Calcutta conquests I’ve bought in the last year were made in Japan.

3. Member
    Curious about the Calcutta 400B?

4. Member
    I’m pretty sure my old 200B’s say Japan on them, willing to bet the 400B does as well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTB83 View Post
    I’m pretty sure my old 200B’s say Japan on them, willing to bet the 400B does as well.
    Wondering about current production models?

6. Member
    It has been my experience in purchasing JDM Shimano reels that only the reels specifically marked as made in Japan are indeed made in Japan. You can see in the image below of my spare Shimano Antares DC on the left and my spare Shimano Calais 200 DC on the right, the distinct made in "Japan" markings along with the silver-gray quality control stickers.

All of my newer JDM Shimano Calcutta Conquest DC reels feature the same markings as the Antares DC and all of my older Shimano Calcutta CTE-300 & CTE-400 reels have the same markings as my Calais 200 DC. My assumption would be that if your specific reel does not have some form of made in Japan marking it is made in the Shimano Malaysia factory.

Please have a great day!

2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

7. Member
    My older Calcutta 400 reel is marked; I was trying to determine if current production Calcutta B's are still made in Japan?