Thread: Kill Poison Ivy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Wifey pulled them out by the roots and then used boiling water for a week or so.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

2. Member
    NEVER gasoline, Diesel fuel. or motor oil ..It takes VERY LITTLE of any of these to RUIN your groundwater....Crossbow or Groundclear will do the job.

3. Member
    What mix rate for Crossbow? And can it be applied with a standard gallon size tank sprayer?

Thanks for all of the replies!. Think I'll give the Crossbow a try if I can find it locally.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alliston64 View Post
    Try Crossbow.
    Will a compound work? I hat the stuff!

6. Member
    I use a double strength mix of https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...l?cm_vc=-10005 on all "woody" things I need to kill.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

7. Member
    Not sure about the smoke, but maybe one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-YS...s%2C114&sr=8-4

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Not sure about the smoke, but maybe one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-YS...s%2C114&sr=8-4
    Do not burn poison ivy! The fumes will do you in.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies!. Think I'll give the Crossbow a try if I can find it locally.
    dude,, get the 41% glyphosate then you can kill any plant you want.. i have killed TONS of poison ivy and other weeds and brush with it forever. it will take a week or so to see results but it will kill it dead roots and all..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Correct and Tractor Supply has it in gallon jugs. It is superior to Round Up as I have tried both.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    dude,, get the 41% glyphosate then you can kill any plant you want.. i have killed TONS of poison ivy and other weeds and brush with it forever. it will take a week or so to see results but it will kill it dead roots and all..

11. Member
    So I typically make a mixture of brush be gone and ground clear with little water added. What I will say is the best luck I have had is spraying it on a very dry day in the sun. Plants dont seem to react the same on more humid days.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    So I typically make a mixture of brush be gone and ground clear with little water added. What I will say is the best luck I have had is spraying it on a very dry day in the sun. Plants dont seem to react the same on more humid days.
    One of my former neighbors was a farmer who made a few extra bucks in late summer spraying roadsides for the town. He made a witches brew of glyphosate and 2, 4-D. Wasn't much living after he made a pass.

13. Member
    Two good glugs of 24D amine on a backpack sprayer

14. Member
    Gas in a $1 sprayer bottle. Easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12