Update 93SV UHD without SD slot?

I had a corrosion issue in the card slot (which Garmin said they wouldn't cover). Currently using the unit strictly for LiveScope. I'd like to be able to update it, but can't using Active Captain (need a card, right?). Is there any way to do this over a network cable or wirelessly? FWIW, the unit is registered on my Garmin account.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, you need a card that has AC on it. Only other way (that i know of) is if its networked to another unit that can update. have any friends that have same units you can hook up to?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I have two other 93 UHD, been working on getting those two networked - still some issues to solve there.

4. Member
    Run a network cable between one of the good units to the one with the bad card reader and update those 2 by putting the card in the good one.
    Then you can update the other unit and the GLS10 the same way.

You'll need a network hub to link them all together because the 93s only have one network port.

5. Member
    Would be interesting to know what exactly caused this corrosion issue?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Would be interesting to know what exactly caused this corrosion issue?
    IDK. I'd only had the unit for a short while, and had used the card slot to update the unit. I went to remove it on a later date, and the card came out wet and coated in what appeared to be rust. The gold surfaces on the card were damaged as well. I always kept the suncover on it when not in use (and the factory travel cover on the boat) .

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota