Question Allison XB21 Livewell Intake Issue/Question

I was taking the intake screen off the driver's side for cleaning. And the whole male threaded stud came out. I thought it was screwed into a plate on the underneath side, but no, when I tried to tighten, nothing. Then it just pulled out with almost no resistance. The fitting is gray PVC with a simple male "ridged" end that pushes into something on the underneath side of the live-well. I can stick my finger in and whatever is below seems securely attached and perhaps watertight, but not sure. What do I do now? I am tempted to glue it back in with PVC cement or silicone caulk. Thoughts?

Mine just push in and pull out. Mine are like these. I would not glue them in. You get some scales or a clog, you will want to be able to pull them out easily and shoot some air down the tubes

3. Member
    Hammmerhead is correct, these just push into place.

LeeBassMan - What Allison are you running? I see you're on LOZ.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

4. Member
    Yes, I was beginning to think that was the case. So it is working as designed. Thanks for the info.

I am running a Bassport Pro Elite (XB21). It is white with black accents. Not as fancy as yours with the Motor/Prop however. I just have a Mercury 225 ProXS with a Bravo 1 prop and a Trophy Plus for spare. I am located at about the 10.5 mile mark on the Horseshoe Bend in a small cove off the main channel. When you look out from my dock you can see the Shawnee Bend Ramp almost directly across the lake. Maybe you can look me up sometime if you are fishing LOZ....

Thanks Again,

5. Member
    Lee - I sent you an instant message
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL