Need help making a decision

I made the decision to sell my Skeeter 98 zx202c. This decision was solely based on the current fuel prices. I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to fish 2-3 afternoons a week and full weekends. The downside is $400+ to fill the tanks and I'll burn that in 2 outings. I still have my 06 tracker 170 that I'm going back to running which is a big step down but it will allow me to keep my routine of fishing 3-4 days a week without breaking the bank. I can also downsize my 2500 and save a bunch more on fuel there as well. So after getting 25k for the skeeter I'm repowering and re-rigging the tracker. 24v ultrex, 2 solix 12's, 4" seastar hydraulic plate, newer 75-90 4stroke, lithiums and poles. I can't decide to go with talons or raptors. On one hand if I went talons I won't have to move the tm litiums up between the seats (very little space in bilge) but the talons put almost double the weight on the transom vs the raptors. Raptors are lighter but have to move batteries and they obviously have a taller footprint. Honestly can't make up my mind. She squats pretty good now but pulling the 3 g31 agm and going lithiums should offset the weight from the poles.

Before anyone points out the obvious yes it's way over powered. Rated for 50 but before I got the skeeter I was running a 91 merc 2stroke 80 that was hopped up a bit. Had a welding shop add a backing plate with braces tied to the stringers. No issues at all, ran 53 solo and beat the piss out of her. Solid little tin can and super fun to rip around in.

Having owned the same boat myself and knowing the storage issues here's my 2 cents. I'd run 1 single 24 volt lithium vs multiple 12 volts and since you're going with a spotlock trolling motor I wouldn't waste the money on any brand of poles. The weight savings of no poles and a single battery is huge on that rig.

Will your boat bring 25,000 considering the condition that it's in? Here is how you described it in another thread.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1159731

4. Member
    Got 22 for it. Decided to go with the raptors, less weight on the transom.