Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    A banks terms are based on your good credit not a drug deal with the manufacturers.
    But there are limiting factors and he is asking who sets them. What is the maximum term a bank will allow if you have excellent credit, 20 years or 240 months? Why not 40 years or even more is what he is asking I believe and who decides this the bank, the feds or influencing by the manufacturers?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    What I don't understand is people paying the prices. It gets to a point where it's just plain crazy and stupid to me, its just a money pit to catch a fish. My little $18k tin rig has won more money than most $100k rigs and its actually more satisfying doing it in it watching they're deep down look of discust when I do. No its not as comfortable or nice and doesn't look as cool a $100k rig but it gets the job done and saves me $80k that I could invest in something that makes me money. I guess some will pay anything to look cool or try to be like the few on TV.
    your rig won money? I’ve never seen a guy talk shit about smaller/cheaper/tin/etc boats…I see the opposite. Posts just like this say it all. Why do you promote Brech Marine? Should I buy a boat from them?

3. Member
    nah... somebody will always buy them, always have. same as trucks these days. now they slow down in sales for sure, but a major drop in price, nah.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    your rig won money? I’ve never seen a guy talk shit about smaller/cheaper/tin/etc boats…I see the opposite. Posts just like this say it all. Why do you promote Brech Marine? Should I buy a boat from them?
    and from what I see, these tin rigs and exactly cheap either.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

5. #FRB
    I interpreted his post as guys in the high dollar glitter sleds having a sore ass after someone in a low budget beer can took their money.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    and from what I see, these tin rigs and exactly cheap either.
    I can’t see why people can’t just be happy with what they have instead of making up fake stories about how people talk down upon them in the morning and then are ashamed when the guy with the “lesser boat” of course smokes them come 3:00. It’s the same old story all the time. I just have an 18’ boat but have never heard anybody make fun of me or it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I interpreted his post as guys in the high dollar glitter sleds having a sore ass after someone in a low budget beer can took their money.
    I can say that I have honestly never seen that. I honestly do not believe there is a single bass fisherman out there that cares what any other bass fisherman is running. (Except for Ranger guys, I hear that they turn their noses up at everybody)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    A banks terms are based on your good credit not a drug deal with the manufacturers.
    Your answer makes little sense, if what you say is to be completely believed them why have lengths of terms continued to increase with the price of boats, vehicles etc…I’m not talking about interest rates, simply the length of the term.

You couldn’t get a 20 year loan on a bass boat 30 years ago. Why not? What’s changed? So why do banks allow it now?
    Used to be 60 month max on vehicle loans, now they are 84 months. Why?

Simply saying because the bank says so, isn’t a very intelligent answer and naive at best! Nobody is suggesting a drug deal with the manufacturer. But it is a question worth asking.

9. #FRB
    I can say that I have honestly never seen that.
    My buddy used to help run a tournament trail. He saw it all the time. He got sick of the drama and told the guy he was running it with that he was on his own. Might have been an isolated group of people but they sure acted like a bunch of toddlers at times. As for me, I'm happy with what I have and it's paid for. Don't miss either one of my glitter sleds one bit because to afford them I was buying someone else's problems. People need to buy what they want AND AFFORD. Every once in a while I'll stare at a newer sled but it's the older ones that are well kept that get most of my stares on the water.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Wade85 View Post
    Your answer makes little sense, if what you say is to be completely believed them why have lengths of terms continued to increase with the price of boats, vehicles etc…I’m not talking about interest rates, simply the length of the term.

You couldn’t get a 20 year loan on a bass boat 30 years ago. Why not? What’s changed? So why do banks allow it now?
    Used to be 60 month max on vehicle loans, now they are 84 months. Why?
    Simply saying because the bank says so, isn’t a very intelligent answer and naive at best! Nobody is suggesting a drug deal with the manufacturer. But it is a question worth asking.
    Im trying to remember back to the 2004 time. I emphasize "trying". Back then, the only boat loans at 20 yrs were boats that would be considered a "2nd home" meaning you can live on it and could be written off on your taxes. I believe all other boat loans went to 12yrs max.

From what was told to me about length of loans on cars and trucks, the banks increased from 48 to 60 to 72 and then 84mo's due to the price of the vehicles. The prices were going up far more than the average consumers paychecks.

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    You drunk?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Im trying to remember back to the 2004 time. I emphasize "trying". Back then, the only boat loans at 20 yrs were boats that would be considered a "2nd home" meaning you can live on it and could be written off on your taxes. I believe all other boat loans went to 12yrs max.

From what was told to me about length of loans on cars and trucks, the banks increased from 48 to 60 to 72 and then 84mo's due to the price of the vehicles. The prices were going up far more than the average consumers paychecks.
    We know that Correlation isn’t causation, but it is agreed that there appears to be a correlation between the length of a term and the price.

So the next question is which drives the other? Term drives the price or the price drives the term? Perhaps a little of both? This what my original post was getting at. If I manufacturer a product and am aware that banks are going to increase the term on my product, does this not incentivize me to increase my price for the following year of production. Assuming that my price increase stays within the parameters of my companies data analysis of what consumers who use my product are already paying and willing to pay in the future?

I think people forget that there are very smart people who collect consumer data and consult with major companies on what the data they’ve collected means for their particular business. This data is broken down into geographic, racial, sex, income, etc…to help companies better understand their consumers and what they want and can afford.
    Last edited by D_Wade85; 05-19-2022 at 08:57 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Wade85 View Post
    We know that Correlation isn’t causation, but it is agreed that there appears to be a correlation between the length of a term and the price.

So the next question is which drives the other? Term drives the price or the price drives the term? Perhaps a little of both? This what my original post was getting at. If I manufacturer a product and am aware that banks are going to increase the term on my product, does this not incentivize me to increase my price for the following year of production. Assuming that my price increase stays within the parameters of my companies data analysis of what consumers who use my product are already paying and willing to pay in the future?

I think people forget that there are very smart people who collect consumer data and consult with major companies on what the data they’ve collected means for their particular business. This data is broken down into geographic, racial, sex, income, etc…to help companies better understand their consumers and what they want and can afford.
    I think your suspicions are the same as mine. If I knew the answers, I wouldnt own a bass boat...I'd own a yacht.

14. Member
    You drunk?
    No but congrats on being not only smarter than the dumbasses with bass boats but also, a much better angler. I bet Brech Marine really appreciates your view on buying boats

what I’m saying is that this same old story is about as played out and fake as the old “I’m such a badass I threw a 1oz trap at a jet skier”

”I showed up at a tourney and everybody laughed at my boat. They tucked their tail between their legs at weigh-in time though because I smoked them”…..ok
    Last edited by Jaredn; 05-20-2022 at 09:01 AM.

15. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    No but congrats on being not only smarter than the dumbasses with bass boats but also, a much better angler. I bet Brech Marine really appreciates your view on buying boats

what I’m saying is that this same old story is about as played out and fake as the old “I’m such a badass I threw a 1oz trap at a jet skier”

”I showed up at a tourney and everybody laughed at my boat. They tucked their tail between their legs at weigh-in time though because I smoked them”…..ok
    Dang. Still drunk.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Just think of all the money you could make showing the big boys how it's done..
    They don't. It's called cheap interest rates (for now) and financing for 20 years!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

17. Member
    I get my ass kicked from all kinds of boats....rangers, express, nitro, carolina skiff, jon boat, walleye boats, you name it, I have had foot put in my ass sideways by all of them...
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

18. Member
    Dang. Still drunk.
    Yea I didn’t think you’d have a better response

what tourneys are you fishing & winning more money than everybody else? Post some
    results
    Last edited by Jaredn; 05-20-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    They don't. It's called cheap interest rates (for now) and financing for 20 years!
    Some how I get the feeling you either missed my point or quoted the wrong post.

20. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Yea I didn’t think you’d have a better response

what tourneys are you fishing & winning more money than everybody else? Post some
    results
    I believe I said it makes winning feel even better when you beat someone that thinks they have to spend 100k to catch a fish or look cool. I never said anyone talks about my boat or thinks they’re better because of what they spent on theirs. I know I don’t like to be beat by anyone. If you like fishing and getting beat then something wrong with you. So evidently you can’t comprehend what you read or your DRUNK!
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast