Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Member
    I think dblume is spot on. Get ready to hold onto your shorts. Gonna be a rough ride. When all the high riding construction guys driving $75k trucks and $80k boats don't have a job to go to there will be deals to be had. Not much over 10 years ago we saw this and it may be even rockier this go around...

2. Member
    It will be rockier this time, my boat is a 2004 with a 2008 engine, I have 185 hours on motor, boat is in shop getting glass issues repaired and upgraded. All electronics are upgraded. Maybe just maybe I will have 40k in boat and it’s mine, new seats new carpet new electronics, radio, including Xm and weather, mine will run with any boat out there and super happy. Why spend 100k plus
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    I also still have my first boat that will feed me, I have a 1969 duracraft with a 15hp Johnson, 1975 model, my uncle gave me boat when he passed away. I did spray in bed liner, seats, carpet, a graph and a 1977 motor guide foot controlled motor that still works, I have tractors that are paid for, have some business debt, but just about to go away, food will be the important thing. Farmers are screwed
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    No

That’s the brief answer.

In the 2023 model year base prices for most 20’-21’ mid to upper tiered bass models, with a 250 engine, will run about $80,000 to $90,000 before, freight, prep and TT&L, up significantly from 2022. The component raw materials prices will not come down much, though possibly some fractional amount. The engines will not come down, nor will other accessory components that have jumped up. Todays list of those parts added is what crawls the retail price well over $100,000.

With things going up on labor and supply aspects we don’t see that changing. You can’t take away the $15-$20 hourly fast food pay scale that has exponentially increased, and no company is any different trying to produce in this climate. It becomes the new normal.

Going forward, as the demand is met, we will likely see a return of rebates and sales programs. Some companies are already doing that now, though most manufacturers are literally sold out and can’t get enough products to meet existing demand.

It will eventually stabilize and in 10-15 years seem more normal again.
    I was just looking back at an old email when Inquired about trading my Puma for a new Puma STS

$76K plus $13 for the SP package which added 4 graphs, 360 Hydraulic plate, Ultrex, Raptors and more…..

In hindsight I should have jumped on the deal.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    What I don't understand is people paying the prices. It gets to a point where it's just plain crazy and stupid to me, its just a money pit to catch a fish. My little $18k tin rig has won more money than most $100k rigs and its actually more satisfying doing it in it watching they're deep down look of discust when I do. No its not as comfortable or nice and doesn't look as cool a $100k rig but it gets the job done and saves me $80k that I could invest in something that makes me money. I guess some will pay anything to look cool or try to be like the few on TV.

I said the same thing 15 years ago when I had my Tracker PT185. Great boat, caught a bunch of fish.

Now I have a Bass Cat Puma and love every second of it.

You can catch fish out of any boat. Our club has a diverse mix of rigs and everyone is treated the same. It’s not a About looking cool, it about whatever make you happy.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Well some guy in a $500 jon boat is looking at you in your boat and saying the same thing! It's all about perspective.

exactly
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

But they’ll have the baddest boat at the ramp to win $150

If you really believe people with newer boat don’t have savings and their finances in order you may be in for a surprise. Yes, I am sure some are over extended, but most are not.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Guessing that looks of “discust” is just them being disappointed in their fishing day. Trust me, nobody cares what boat you are running on tourney day.
    This
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoranger View Post
    It will all come crashing down way faster than 10-15 years. This fake stock market will bottom our within 3-5 years and you will see people standing in food lines. This next crash will make 2008 look like a payday!
    So please tell us which stocks you are shorting so we can all get in on the game…..
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    I guess everyone sees a nice boat/truck and just thinks that person is on the verge of being broke? Many different ways to look at it. Good tax incentives for smart business owners, getting a loan and paying a smaller amount then investing the rest, could have a longer loan but paying extra principal, or you may not realize the money someone may have. I know people making several hundred thousand from their phone, a 100k boat is chump change to a lot of people. You just don't realize it.

11. Member
    Depending on how severe of a recession we end up with in the next year or so will impact every part of our economy. I certainly hope its nothing like what we experienced in the 2007/2008, but if it is boat prices will tank along with most everything else.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Id way rather spend money enjoying life then letting govt get it later. Memories are what life is about not regrets because you saved so much you forgot to live. Sometimes saving is way overrated. Nice things are a joy. I have a friend won't buy a truck with AC and says open a window! NOT!

Every time I get a good savings or retirement investment... It gets hammered. Not gonna play that any more. I'm comfortable not stacking it away..

Quote Originally Posted by Judson1 View Post
    Some people are gonna be hurting when it comes time to retire.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Not a champion!

Seriously I think they will level off but not gonna go down much. Many cant afford a $60K boat so buy the used $30K.

Theft is what gonna increase!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

14. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    No.

The price of boats along with everything else will continue to rise...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    Depending on how severe of a recession we end up with in the next year or so will impact every part of our economy. I certainly hope its nothing like what we experienced in the 2007/2008, but if it is boat prices will tank along with most everything else.
    New boat prices didn't tank back then but plenty of manufacturers went out of business. Used boats on the other hand dropped signifyingly for a while until the economy recovered.

16. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    Id way rather spend money enjoying life then letting govt get it later. Memories are what life is about not regrets because you saved so much you forgot to live. Sometimes saving is way overrated. Nice things are a joy. I have a friend won't buy a truck with AC and says open a window! NOT!

Every time I get a good savings or retirement investment... It gets hammered. Not gonna play that any more. I'm comfortable not stacking it away..
    It never hurts to have several grand saved up to get you out of trouble if needed. I've known too many people who made good money but couldn't save any of it. Yes they had some cool toys and a nice house but when something bad happened they didn't have anything to fall back on. How someone spends their money is their business but if they end up in a bind because they were dumb with their finances I have zero sympathy for them. I don't make that much in the grand scheme of things but I know how to save and do without to get what I want within reason. Now hopefully the automotive bubble will bust in the next few years. Figure I'll own one more boat in my lifetime (about to turn 40) even if it's just a lateral move from the Tracker I have now which is more than fine for my needs.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Today's boat prices will seem like a bargain 10 years from now when a new fully equipped tournament rig is selling for $150K.

18. Member
    There will probably be some deals to be had but I doubt there is a fire sale, I am 62 and I just cannot remember a time where I bought a new boat or truck and it was cheaper than what it was 2-3 years earlier, and I have bought many, many new boats and trucks.

Yes agree with that. We have a min amount to keep in a savings account for just stupid surprises. One time my tires were cut in a hotel lot cost me $2000. So that account if for those "surprises". I'm just not a fan of suffering enjoying life and not having nice things in order to save.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    It never hurts to have several grand saved up to get you out of trouble if needed. I've known too many people who made good money but couldn't save any of it. Yes they had some cool toys and a nice house but when something bad happened they didn't have anything to fall back on. How someone spends their money is their business but if they end up in a bind because they were dumb with their finances I have zero sympathy for them. I don't make that much in the grand scheme of things but I know how to save and do without to get what I want within reason. Now hopefully the automotive bubble will bust in the next few years. Figure I'll own one more boat in my lifetime (about to turn 40) even if it's just a lateral move from the Tracker I have now which is more than fine for my needs.

20. Member
    What I don't understand is people paying the prices. It gets to a point where it's just plain crazy and stupid to me, its just a money pit to catch a fish. My little $18k tin rig has won more money than most $100k rigs and its actually more satisfying doing it in it watching they're deep down look of discust when I do. No its not as comfortable or nice and doesn't look as cool a $100k rig but it gets the job done and saves me $80k that I could invest in something that makes me money. I guess some will pay anything to look cool or try to be like the few on TV.
    Not all people by a boat to win money. A lot fish for the fun and enjoyment. I got 4th in a tourney today with a 24lb bag of smallies. I thought I had it. Winners had almost 26lbs. Great for those guys and great for me. Had a amazing day on the water. And for most that is what it’s about. All boats will catch fish but why some spend and some see a waste or excessive is just a matter of individual perception.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast