YAMAHA CONNECTION TO LOWRANCE

looking for basic advice from anyone who has nema connection from yamaha to lowrance hds carbon.
    looking to use the INFO PANEL dashboard gauges for engine data.
    with so many parameters to monitor is AUTO CONFIGURE data sources the way to go?
    thanks
    john

2. Member
    the basic page does not show you very much. you have to add them thru the edit overlay option just like you do on your sonar pages. some of them i use are oil pressure, temp, and engine hours. there may be more just cant remember right now.

3. Member
    Might be something to reference. Accuracy don't seem to be very reliable. I have the nema - yamaha deal. Tachometer at full throttle reads 6900 RPM on my rig. I know the ECU would cut the RPM to keep it from reving that high, but have never experienced the RPM cut. So if the RPM is so wrong what about the other readings? I don't see it as reliable or accurate. I could be missing something, have never investigated the issue and so "no expert" on the issue.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

4. Member
    Make sure you have the right data source selected and then build a dash to your liking.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

5. Member
    I have Lowrance Live 12 unit and the Yamaha NEMA interface module. And that is the source for all engine data that can be displayed. Not much to building a dash either. If RPM is so far off, just what could be the real readings on other items, to me unreliable and not worth the time. Just my experience only.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com