Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario

PGA Championship

$18 for a beer. One can of beer, not a case of 24 cans or a case of 12 cans but for a single can of domestic beer.
    Last edited by tcesni; 05-17-2022 at 10:44 PM.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

They'd make a lot more money if the beer was free, but taking a leak was $18.00!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    They'd make a lot more money if the beer was free, but taking a leak was $18.00!
    I know we'd have some Enterprising BBCers who would pick up on that and start Clandestinely Selling Depends at inflated prices to take advantage of the Free Beer.

5. Member
    if the fans don't buy the beer at that price, then they will have to lower the price.

6. Member
    Thought I read that was for a 24oz beer, so that would be $9 per, which is not far off from stadium prices. Don’t know if the PGA sets prices and is trying to discourage drinking (and thus rowdy fans) or if the vendor is just making a high margin.

More importantly, this post reminded to pick up a ticket for the LPGA tourney in Pinehurst in a few weeks.

7. Member
    They are tall boys, and the Aquafina at $6 a bottle is a bigger rip off.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    They are tall boys, and the Aquafina at $6 a bottle is a bigger rip off.
    I wonder if you are allowed to carry your own water bottle. $6 is definitely a rip off, especially as hot as it can get in Oklahoma.

9. Member
    You can bring in one water. Yep beer is expensive and not even good beer. Water at 6 is ridiculous, good news is tomorrow high is supposed to be 71 so they better have coffee available!
    Sean Fullerton

~~2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited~~
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Helix 12
    Mega 360
    MegaLive
    Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/ruggedoutdoors

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Thought I read that was for a 24oz beer, so that would be $9 per, which is not far off from stadium prices. Don’t know if the PGA sets prices and is trying to discourage drinking (and thus rowdy fans) or if the vendor is just making a high margin.

More importantly, this post reminded to pick up a ticket for the LPGA tourney in Pinehurst in a few weeks.
    You mean like at the Dumpster Open? Haven't see any coverage of that in recent years.

I'm going to the Open next month. Guess I'll plan to get wasted in the parking lot and maintain my buzz all day. Never been to a PGA event before so I'm practicing my cheers. After every drive it's, "Get in the hole!"

Then when it's kinda quiet I yell, "Baba Ganoush." Any others?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    if the fans don't buy the beer at that price, then they will have to lower the price.
    I think that every time I go to any sporting event or how much more money they would make if they just charged a reasonable price. That's way everyone gets drunk before they go in!

12. Member
    This topic is getting a lot of negative attention. Hope it's a black eye for the PGAT for not being in touch with reality.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Who needs drunken idiots in crowds? Not like people will throw beer cups, oh wait…

Now the water is a different story.

The $18 is for a 24oz can, so $9 a beer. Still high, but not out of of line with the other sporting events I atttend. $9 at Bluejackets games, same at Columbus Crew games and craft beer is $12 in a 12 ounce cup. I attended the Wells Fargo Championship two weeks ago, it was $9 a beer and $12 for wine. All these events I attend they sell a bunch of beer so I doubt they lower the prices anytime soon.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    You mean like at the Dumpster Open? Haven't see any coverage of that in recent years.

I'm going to the Open next month. Guess I'll plan to get wasted in the parking lot and maintain my buzz all day. Never been to a PGA event before so I'm practicing my cheers. After every drive it's, "Get in the hole!"

Then when it's kinda quiet I yell, "Baba Ganoush." Any others?
    You can yell "Fried chicken at Sergio"

16. Member
    Who cares about the price of beer. They should zero the scores for the final day for the drama.

17. Member
    I went final round of 07. Drank 13 bottles of water and never went to the restroom. That’s how hot it was. Sorry off topic

A buddy claims he going to do a shot every time he hears "Tiger", I told him by Thursday at noon he would pass out for the weekend...

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
    I went final round of 07. Drank 13 bottles of water and never went to the restroom. That’s how hot it was. Sorry off topic

I was there the whole week entertaining customers, it felt like I walked about a gazallion miles in that heat! Thank God we had trophy club passes so we could get in the AC tents on the course!

20. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast