Power Pole pivot bolts - how tight?

So, PP was doing the highway dance I noticed, so did some searching and found most recommended snugging up the lower pivot bolts... but they all say something like "snug them up..." or "tighten them up..." etc. So how tight should they actually be? Pro II CM1 if it makes a difference - may just be old and worn and need the bushing kit but when I tightened them up they didn't wobble at all. Which made me think...maybe too tight lol.

is it pretty much if they deploy, they are not too tight? Or is there an actual torque measurement number out there?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    no torque should just be snug this should be checked every 100 cycles. i check mine about every third trip out. lack of checking this on a regualr basis is what leads to needing a rebuild kit prematurely

Ok, I tightened them up, took most of the wobble out but seemed maybe too tight, so I loosened then back up a bit :). Still much less wobble than before. Bit. they are 6 years old so a bushing kit probably would be prudent.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Ok, I tightened them up, took most of the wobble out but seemed maybe too tight, so I loosened then back up a bit :). Still much less wobble than before. Bit. they are 6 years old so a bushing kit probably would be prudent.
    Most likely if there wad no maintenance done on them by previous owner.

5. mikesxpress
    Mark I bought stainless ratchet straps and secure the poles to the transom. This stopped 95% of the shaking during road travel and I haven't had to tighten or replace bushings since installing them years ago. We all see these things shaking like crazy and I believe that causes the majority of the problems.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Power Pole travel straps work perfectly for above purpose... (AND LOOK GREAT) always instock @ K and K Kustomz

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Mark I bought stainless ratchet straps and secure the poles to the transom. This stopped 95% of the shaking during road travel and I haven't had to tighten or replace bushings since installing them years ago. We all see these things shaking like crazy and I believe that causes the majority of the problems.
    Thanks I will check it out... Don't see trim tabs on bass boats often :), I actually was thinking about adding a small set to mine since I have a SC and run solo pretty much always and have trouble getting enough weight on port side to offset driver weight Boat is still new to me though so still adjusting/testing/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    Power Pole travel straps work perfectly for above purpose... (AND LOOK GREAT) always instock @ K and K Kustomz
    I've actually got one on it but it still moved around quite a bit on the road - maybe i need to place them lower? This was before I snugged up the bolts though so might work better now.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I've actually got one on it but it still moved around quite a bit on the road - maybe i need to place them lower? This was before I snugged up the bolts though so might work better now.
    most def will

10. mikesxpress
    Thanks I will check it out... Don't see trim tabs on bass boats often :), I actually was thinking about adding a small set to mine since I have a SC and run solo pretty much always and have trouble getting enough weight on port side to offset driver weight Boat is still new to me though so still adjusting/testing/etc...
    You can't just add tabs. The pressure exerted on the transom during use requires the transom be reinforced to accommodate this additional stress.
    Example: My Z21 Intracoastal's transom is 2" thicker where the tabs mount. A stock Z21 with carpet doesn't have that reinforcement.

You can't just add tabs. The pressure exerted on the transom during use requires the transom be reinforced to accommodate this additional stress.
    Example: My Z21 Intracoastal's transom is 2" thicker where the tabs mount. A stock Z21 with carpet doesn't have that reinforcement.
    Good to know, thanks. Wasn't really on the radar, just saw yours and got me thinking lol...

12. mikesxpress
    Just wrapping a strap around the poles themselves doesn't restrain them to the transom and stop the shaking. The racheting straps wrapped around the entire PP, and then connected to the transom, with a few clicks of pressure, puts the pole(s) and mounting bracket under tension which stops the road travel shake.
    Available on Ebay:
    Check out 8 Ft. X 1 In. X 500 Lbs. Stainless Steel Ratchet (2-pack) | Keeper Tie Of on eBay!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/125247414273?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WvvCRc_fQAm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=TEpEgY6LTu 2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Just wrapping a strap around the poles themselves doesn't restrain them to the transom and stop the shaking. The racheting straps wrapped around the entire PP, and then connected to the transom, with a few clicks of pressure, puts the pole(s) and mounting bracket under tension which stops the road travel shake.
    Thanks yeah I have a set I am going to try it out this upcoming week...