Mega Live Update failed

Hopefully I forgot something. Downloaded update 1.150 to a 32 Mb micro SD card that I previously encrypted on my Apex 13. Powered up the Apex after powering up the Enet box and my mega live transducer. I confirmed on system info showed the Mega Live and version 1.130 installed. Went to the files page inserted the msd and the screen showed the chip had update 1.150 on it. I touched that line and it lit up and marked the box on the right. I then touched install now. The unit went to the main page and a couple seconds into it, it said”Failed” about 10 seconds later it was back at the download page. I tried it again and it did the identical routene. I had a second encrypted chip I downloaded on my ipilot pro(just to see if that would work. The same exact results. What did I do or did not do correctly. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

2. Member
    Same thing happened to me, clicked on the update and after abit it just went to a different screen and before I went into panic mode it just continued on with the update.I'm glad I didn't reboot the unit when it started acting funny. It was definitely not as smooth as a head unit update. If it shows the correct version in ur system info, I would assume it is good to go. If the update never took, I would reformat the card, put the update on it and retry

3. Member
    I had the same issue with my Apex. It was the microcard. Got a different "model" card from the same company and size(32Gb), repeated everything as with the first card, and it worked perfectly.

4. Member
    G48, it said failed. Then went back to the original update screen. It did not freeze up or continue with the update. Bayou, i will format one of my 2 msd chips again and re-download even though it did it with 2 different Chips. Thanks for info

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Bob, make sure you haven't downloaded the 1.150 file more than once. People have had this issue if the file has a version number at the end... (1), (2), etc.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    I did download more than once. The chip I just formatted and downloaded was a#2 download. That sounds to be the likely culprit. Thanks I will find out tomorrow. Bob

7. Member
    Steve. I downloaded the original on 3/04. I downloaded again yesterday to prepare for doing it today. If that has been a problem before I am sure I would have had that happen before now. I have not ever worried about duplicates before, but I will pay attention from now on. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Bob, make sure you haven't downloaded the 1.150 file more than once. People have had this issue if the file has a version number at the end... (1), (2), etc.
    that's what I did..
    loaded 1.150 file on new card and it took.

9. Member
    �� Deleted all previous 1.50 updates. Victory Thanks for the info. Bob

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Many have had the multiple download file extension issue with Mega Live Updates. Glad you got it resolved!
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

11. Member
    I totally missed any of those posts. Glad you mentioned it. Bob

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I totally missed any of those posts. Glad you mentioned it. Bob
    They we're on Fakebook and not BBC.

13. Member
    I see why now. For us not so inclined a note in Mega live or an update sticky might be a good add. Some of us or family have had issues with FB. But direct questions here are another way. I use search features here and try to do it myself. This will however show up on a search now. Thanks again for the info. Bob