Humminbird AS GPS HS Vertical Mount

I can’t find an option on Humminbirds
    website. Does anyone use a vertical mount and if
    so are there any good aftermarket products that would
    work?

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you mean by vertical mount. The AS GPS HS must be horizontal to work properly.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Humminbird calls it a stem mount in the installation manual. I’ll simply call it a riser…. I’m just looking for something I can mount the puck on about 6-12 inches above the gunnel to avoid some interference I’m getting from having it flush mounted. Make sense?

4. Member
    The GPS puc’s used to come with a base to raise the level. Had a threaded end for pipe. Most likely to keep something nearby from blocking a good view of the sky. Might help with the compass as well but not many guys want stuff sticking up in the way of a cast. I don’t know if there is enough interest to get one manufactured, but maybe on offshore type boats. Or one of us old guys might have one in a box in the garage if someone really wanted it. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    I have what your looking for. It's yours if you want it. It's just the base you'll need to get the length pipe for your application.